• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#136 BeeMac

BeeMac

• New User
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:14 AM

Our honeymoon is all booked and paid for.
Flying out early morning on Dec 1st.
We are spending 8 nights at the Graceland Resort on Patong Beach... Has anybody heard anything about this place.... good or bad???

We are then flying to Hong Kong where we will spend 4 nights there, and also 1 night in Macau staying at the Venetian Resort which i cannot wait for.....

So excited. 82 days till we are there.....
IPB Image

#137 Bailey

Bailey

Seriously addicted to i-do!!! I do have a problem

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE(BeeMac @ Sep 10 2008, 11:14 AM) View Post

Our honeymoon is all booked and paid for.
Flying out early morning on Dec 1st.
We are spending 8 nights at the Graceland Resort on Patong Beach... Has anybody heard anything about this place.... good or bad???

I remember seeing it as we drove past and we met an older couple that were staying there and really loved it. It's at the north end of Patong and all the markets and bars are mainly in the South end, but honestly it'll cost you $2 in a TUK TUK to get to the other end if you can't be bothered walking. That's all I know though.

IPB Image

<center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...hdayticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Our Little Princess&t2=Brielle Sienna is&b=12&c=0x000000&f=6&y=2009&m=3&d=18" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="samedomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" /></embed><br><a href="http://www.widdlytin....com/">Birthday Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com</a></center>

#138 ***Bella***

***Bella***

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:40 PM

Phuket is a great place.
Fantasea is fantastic, an amazing show to watch. Elephant rides are really fun, but it is sad seeing how they are handled.
Patong was very lively. People harassing you all the time. The main beach was rather dirty when I was there.
If you like to relax on a clean beach then I would suggest Karon Beach. We stayed there. It was only 8k's out of Patong and is so much quiter. But it depends what you like to do. I am not really into partying anymore (Patong had a very happening party atmosphere).
We did the day trip to Phi Phi. It was nice, but lots of tourists everywhere!
Karon beach also has this really great place called Dino Park. It is a whole flinstones themed restaurant that has putt putt golf as well. We had fun there.
Scooters are easy to ride and hire. They are so much fun.

Overall you will have a great time. I would go to www.tripadvisor.com if I was you and put in the name of the hotels you are staying at. They will give reviews written by people who have stayed there. The best place to visit for honest reports.

Anymore questions let me know.

biggrin.gif

#139 BeeMac

BeeMac

• New User
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(Bailey @ Sep 25 2008, 04:55 PM) View Post

I remember seeing it as we drove past and we met an older couple that were staying there and really loved it. It's at the north end of Patong and all the markets and bars are mainly in the South end, but honestly it'll cost you $2 in a TUK TUK to get to the other end if you can't be bothered walking. That's all I know though.

Thanks for that Bailey. We don't mind that it is a bit further away from the markets and bars etc... But $2 in a tuk tuk is nothing at all...
Ah i am glad they said it was lovely. Makes me feel better as i haven't heard any news on this place, good or bad.

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users