#16 Avery

Avery

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(trewy @ Apr 29 2007, 02:36 PM) View Post

Hi - we went to Airlie Beach for our honeymoon and stayed in Airlie Beach and not on an island. It was quite good to stay there and not be 'stuck' on an island if we didn't want to if you know what I mean smile.gif We did day trips to Hayman Island which was fantastic! We also did a 3 island day trip and there is heaps of other choices as well. The place we stayed in Airlie Beach had a view over the water and we could sit in the spa and look at the beautiful blue water and we just had a great time. Just another option smile.gif

Trewy - where did you stay in airlie beach?
"It's impossible" said pride.
"It's risky" said experience.
"It's pointless" said reason.
"Give it a try" whispered the heart...

#17 tigerlily

tigerlily

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:26 PM

We had our wedding on brampton island this year and took 19 guests with us. We won't be going back nor could I recommend it to anyone again. Our previous holiday there was fantastic but we were let down so badly in many respects with our wedding.

It is also no longer all inclusive for stays less than 5 days. The buffet lunch is pretty $$$ at $38 per person.

I would opt for Lizzard/Bederra or the Heron/Wilson Island experience if you are wanting an intimate resort.
If I were a scientist working in a big lab, I'd shout EUREKA! every so often just to boost morale.

#18 beccabond183

beccabond183

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:49 PM

We are going to Brampton & we can't wait!!!!
It looks absolutely perfect...we were sold with the amount of activities avail & also the included meals!

Counting down the days....even have a pic as a desktop pic at work so I can daydream! tongue.gif
IPB Image

#19 STU

STU

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:17 PM

This thread has convinced me to suggest Brampton for our 1 year anniversary. Thanks girls. biggrin.gif

#20 trewy

trewy

• New User
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:58 PM

Hi Hibiscus Princess we stayed at some units called the Whitsunday Vista - they were great for the view and the spa in the room. The good thing was the spa was behind the glass and not on the balcony like some places. Just a little more privacy if needed. The room itself had basic kitchen stuff so we made breakfast and sometimes lunch and even sometimes simple dinners like baked potatoes in the microwave. It was great to sit in the spa and looked at the blue blue water though smile.gif Anyway, I'm sure you can tell how much I liked it smile.gif Feel free to ask any more questions if you like smile.gif

#21 Hughsie

Hughsie

• frequent poster
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:02 PM

Thanks Carleyjt I have been wondering the same thing.

Has anyone heard anything about Club Med Linderman Island? smile.gif
IPB Image

#22 TEN

TEN

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,101 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:39 PM

Been to Hamilton Island twice (my cousin used to live there, lucky me!) and was beautiful, the Whitsunday's are gorgeous. I just thought it was a bit too 'family' for a honeymoon. As I said, great island though - I would go again.

Would LOVE to go to Hayman tongue.gif But at 600 min per night, we wouldn't have been there for long!

#23 anonAA

anonAA

• New User
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

Hi there

we went to Hayman Island for 5 nights for our honeymoon - it was so fantastic and we could not fault it - apart from the activities were expensive also - Game fishing was $350.00.
The room and the beach was perfect - but it was expensive - it was $7000.00 for the two of us for 5 nights but that included a huge buffet breakfast and 3 course dinner everynight at one of the 5 restaurants.
The pool area and food was 5 star plus

#24 loveheart

loveheart

sun is in the sky oh why would i wanna be anywhere else!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(Hughsie @ May 5 2007, 01:02 AM) View Post

Thanks Carleyjt I have been wondering the same thing.

Has anyone heard anything about Club Med Linderman Island? smile.gif

a friend went there for a hens weekend (i wish!) they loved it
<center>Mr & Mrs 12.01.08<center>
<center>Love without reservation<center>

<center>Ninja Tales <center>

#25 *****030812

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,514 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:54 PM

Not trying to steer you away from Qld Islands, but I would definitely compare prices with places such as Fiji, Vanuatu etc.......we considered Brampton originally. Only thing though, is I told hubby I wanted the best room that we could afford.

In the end though after we compared prices etc, we opted for Fiji as it wasn't going to cost that much more and neither of us had actually left the country before, so that sealed the deal for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users