20 replies to this topic

#16 emmamajella

emmamajella

• New User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(Kennis @ Apr 14 2007, 12:02 PM) View Post

Although I'm not familiar with flowers and never bought flowers from florist, I'm wanting to DIY my flowers for my wedding (my bouquet, bridesmaid, corsages and buttonholes) to save myself some $$$.

I have been searching for flowers market or wholesaler (who could offer a lower price than ordinary florist), but no luck! 99% of them only sell to florists and not to public. I only managed to find one website that sell individual / bunches of flowers online. But I'm hoping I could find one that I could actually go and visit to have a look.

So, does anyone know of any flower market or wholesalers in Melbourne that actually sell to the public (preferably near the eastern or south eastern suburbs)? I quite often read that people get their flowers from "market", so where exactly are these markets?

For your info, I'm mainly after lavender and roses.

Please help!!!

HELLO!
I am getting married in January and refuse to pay the cost of "wedding" bouquets from a florist. We are on a very tight budget. My florist where I can get a small posie at a cheap $18 price will be closed on8th January and I want to know where in Melbourne there is a flower market selling
to the public. If anyone can help I would much appreciate it.
THANKYOU!
Emma

#17 Saffira

Saffira

• New User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:22 AM

Hi
I'm also getting married in May and have gone through the forum trying to see if anyone know's of a flower market in Melbourne that sell's to the public and haven't found any.Could someone please help as I'm on a very tight budget and I don't want to pay the ridiculous prices the florests charge as soon as you mention it's for a wedding. blink.gif

#18 jolie

jolie

• New User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

Hi!

I am getting married in May too! Can any one share some info where to find a flower wholesaler that sells to the public? I am also for DIY as retail wedding flowers are just too expensive!

#19 srij

srij

• New User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:42 AM

I am looking to do my own centrepieces and am looking for open to the public flower markets in melbourne too!

#20 marie.coman

marie.coman

• New User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

Did anyone have any luck finding a whole sale flower market (to the public) in Melbourne? I'm due to get married March 2013..

#21 Weddingbee

Weddingbee

• New User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

Has anyone had any luck in being able to get to the markets in Melbourne without an access pass? I'm doing my own flowers and looking for best quality for cheapest price!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users