janelle84

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:59 PM

Aww thank you. I do love my dress, but yeah, ill see what happens. smile.gif

Your dress is beautiful!

I think its amazing how so many brides end up choosing a dress that they would never have seen themselves wearing. I know i would never ever have thought id wear a strapless dress ohmy.gif But it looked way better than the strappy ones.

I got a price for chaircovers today, OMG like $5.50 per chair, and thats with US setting them up! blink.gif Is this normal? I was sorta shocked but then again ive never had a need for chair covers b4 tongue.gif
<center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...hdayticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Our little IVF miracle&t2=Jayden is&b=21&c=0x0033FF&f=39&y=2009&m=11&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="samedomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" /></embed><br><a href="http://www.widdlytin....com/">Birthday Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com</a></center>

#47 rosi81

rosi81

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:09 AM

Thank you. I need to tone up a bit to get into it, but, I'm counting on my dress maker to have it fit me like a corset. So, I'll be tied into this dress, not being able to breath!!, but it'll be worth it.

Strapless gowns I think are the 'in' thing right now. I've only been to two weddings where the bride has worn straps/sleeves. I think it's more flattering without actually.

Wow, I think that's a little pricey if you have to do them yourselves. Have you been able to find someone that will do them for you at the same price? I'd pay that if I didn't have to do it myself.

We've got chair covers included in our package, which they will set up by the reception. But, if we want the sashes, it's an extra $2.00 each!! It doesn't sound like alot, but times that by 200 seats, it adds up!! ohmy.gif

I'm actually going to inspect a hotel room this afternoon for my wedding night (I know, it sounds weird to me too!).

A friend of mine used to work in this 5 star hotel in Sydney CBD and he is saving me over $300 if I book it through his 'connections', so he recommended I check it out first before I book it. I've never, ever heard of such a thing, but, it's all organised biggrin.gif I'm sure we won't be disappointed.

#48 ~*JAC*~

~*JAC*~

Jac Jac Jackie

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:31 PM

BOTH of your dresses are beautiful! Not too long to go for us all to wear them, Rosi, the next 7 months will FLY!

No, my reception venue doesn't supply table decorations, it is just a restaurant, and we still haven't done anything about it. This weekend was our last off until we are on our honeymoon! So maybe we won't have anything!

I just want to be in america! Did you hear about the stuff ups on about 16 QANTAS planes, no in flight entertainment is working, I hope this isn't on our flight!
IPB Image

#49 janelle84

janelle84

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:03 PM

I hope the inflight entertainment will be working fine for you guys, nthing worse than a boring flight, especially one so long! ohmy.gif

Im going to do some more emailing to places that do chair covers here, and hopefully i find better. I would like to have them, but they arent a necessecity (sp)

We still havent done anything about our wedding night accomodation, there has just been too much happening! The house we are building will be ready in 1 or 2 weeks at the most, so we have been busy busy trying to organise stuff for that. Some wedding stuff has just been put on the backburner, such as that. I do but i dont want to stay in a hotel that night. I duno. blink.gif
<center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...hdayticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Our little IVF miracle&t2=Jayden is&b=21&c=0x0033FF&f=39&y=2009&m=11&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="samedomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" /></embed><br><a href="http://www.widdlytin....com/">Birthday Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com</a></center>

#50 rosi81

rosi81

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:20 PM

Thx Jaclyn. Do you have a pic of what you'll be wearing??

I'm so excited, I can't wait for it to get here!! My dress fittings start in March. I've got the lace dyed for it and will order the fabric this week, then I can buy shoes.......

Oh wow, so busy!!! I don't think the table decorations & chair covers are necessary, it's really what you like and can afford.

OMG!!! I would go nuts with the in flight entertainment, how bored would you get!! ohmy.gif

QUOTE(Jaclyn @ Jan 28 2007, 05:31 PM) View Post

BOTH of your dresses are beautiful! Not too long to go for us all to wear them, Rosi, the next 7 months will FLY!

No, my reception venue doesn't supply table decorations, it is just a restaurant, and we still haven't done anything about it. This weekend was our last off until we are on our honeymoon! So maybe we won't have anything!

I just want to be in america! Did you hear about the stuff ups on about 16 QANTAS planes, no in flight entertainment is working, I hope this isn't on our flight!

Yeah, I think you should shop around a little more. It pays to do a bit of homework before making a decision. Like you said, they aren't a necessity, so if you can't find a better deal, and the chairs in the venue look ok, then stick with that.

Well, I got back from the hotel, the view is awesome!! And the room is huge!!!! I wanted to jump on the bed coz it looks so inviting, but I had to restrain myself biggrin.gif

I personally think it's a nice way to end the day. It doesn't need to be pricey to be nice? You sound so busy!! How do you manage fitting in building a new home and planning a wedding?!! I'd go nuts blink.gif

QUOTE(janelle84 @ Jan 28 2007, 06:03 PM) View Post

I hope the inflight entertainment will be working fine for you guys, nthing worse than a boring flight, especially one so long! ohmy.gif

Im going to do some more emailing to places that do chair covers here, and hopefully i find better. I would like to have them, but they arent a necessecity (sp)

We still havent done anything about our wedding night accomodation, there has just been too much happening! The house we are building will be ready in 1 or 2 weeks at the most, so we have been busy busy trying to organise stuff for that. Some wedding stuff has just been put on the backburner, such as that. I do but i dont want to stay in a hotel that night. I duno. blink.gif

#51 janelle84

janelle84

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:51 PM

O its very tough to fit it all in!

Only thing we really have left to do with the house is order the blinds for it, but we need to do it asap! It sux that when u work 9-5 mon - fri you cant seem to get much done, i need a holiday to get it all done, but thats not possible.

I still dont know what actual dates i do get off work as my boss said 4 weeks ago she would get back to me but never did, unsure.gif but it dosent suprise me at all, she still asks me when im getting married, and she is the decorater!!!! ohmy.gif

I work for a small business and they really have no one to cover me, but whos fault is that, not mine! mad.gif Im always scared to even ask for holidays, even though i always have them about the same time every 6 months....

I need to ask tho, i must do it this week, i just need to know whats going on so i can plan stuff.

I might work up to and including the Tuesday of the week of the wedding, so i could have the Mon+Tue of the week i go back off, as id really only have 1 day at home after getting back from the honeymoon, and thats no good to anyone. But she didnt like the dates i asked for, so i shall see.

Ive decided to email 1 other company about chair covers, and if it works out to be about the same ill just forget it. Its not all thats bad tho, as our colours are navy blue/silver and the chairs are a greeny blue colour, so it dosent look that bad, but its preferable.

I so dont wanna go back to work 2moro sad.gif

#52 ~*JAC*~

~*JAC*~

Jac Jac Jackie

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:23 AM

I have such a quiet week at work this week, so a lot more thought is going into the table decorations. The venue has just bought new chairs, so we aren't worrying about covers, at $5 each, it will save us A LOT!

What is the date of your wedding Janelle? Personally, I think you need to stay somewhere on your wedding night, just so it is more special, if I went home I feel like it would just be like every other night, but that's just IMO.

I'm interviewing a girl on wednesday to replace me while I''m away and then help me out once I'm back, I"m hoping this place really gets busy while I'm away. I hate it when it's quiet, so boring!

Rosi, you have to let us know how your fittings go, I love going to my fittings, their really fun. I have my second last one in 2 weeks, and my dress will be finished! Then I'll just have another one 2 days before the wedding to double check it is still ok, and then we can take it home!

I can't remember if either of you are off to Vegas, if you are, are you seeing any shows while you are there?

IPB Image

#53 janelle84

janelle84

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:19 PM

I got another quite off a lady who does most of the decorating at our venue. Her chair covers are $4 and that include the sash, and setup and take aways. So thats not too bad, so we are going to have a talk about it tonight, along with other wedding realted stuff cool.gif

Finally Fh has booked his suit fittings, exactly a month b4 our wedding, and thats the day i have my final dress fitting, so it will be a busy day! blink.gif

We are getting married on March 10, only 40 days to go! ohmy.gif

We are off to vegas, we most likely wont see any shows, but never know, if something is on that catches my eye we may, but at this stage no, and yourself?

#54 ~*JAC*~

~*JAC*~

Jac Jac Jackie

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:22 PM

WE've been told by everyone we know that has been to Vegas to see the Cirque du Soliel (think that's how you spell it?) show, the water one in Vegas. It's just the $$$

March 10th! It's sneaking up so fast!

IPB Image

#55 rosi81

rosi81

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:45 PM

Janelle that's a great price! I told you it pays to shop around biggrin.gif

You poor thing re work. That's the hard thing about working in a small company, it's really hard when you have time off. Don't leave it too long and don't be afraid to ask for it either. The longer you leave it, they might make it harder for you by saying you didn't give them enough time to find a replacement while you're away, be tough!! mad.gif

Suits one month before, I was going to do the shopping around in a few weeks. I've been doing everyting really early because I don't want any surprises closer to the time if I've forgotten anything!! I think I worry too much about this wedding sometimes rolleyes.gif

But, I might not have a job coming back from my Honeymoon because our entire department (+ others) are being made redundant. So, I have this constantly playing in the back of my mind, worrying if I'll find a job soon after so we don't fall too far behind with things.

March 10, I'm so excited for you biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Janelle/Jacyln- if you want to check out what shows are on while you're in Vegas, check out lasevags.com. All you do is enter the date range and it brings up everything showing at that time. So far, we've only got the option of Jay Leno, so, I'll wait it out laugh.gif

I was told by my boss today to give him the dates for my leave so he can lock it in for me. Still haven't looked at that yet, hopefully will do b4 I go to bed.

Well, I'm getting the fabric tomorrow (BM picking it up 4 me). The reason why I'm doing so much running around 4 it is because it's a family friend who's a professional dress maker and is charging me next to nothing to make it (just materials and labour if her assistant has to assemble it). So, I'm saving well over $1000, so I don't mind smile.gif

Do you have a pic of your dress?? Yep, I'm off to Vegas. We haven't booked any shows, I'll wait closer to the time to see if anyone special is there. Ticket prices are so expensive though. We've already spent alot on tours, so we'll see how much money is left biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Jaclyn @ Jan 29 2007, 09:23 AM) View Post

I have such a quiet week at work this week, so a lot more thought is going into the table decorations. The venue has just bought new chairs, so we aren't worrying about covers, at $5 each, it will save us A LOT!

What is the date of your wedding Janelle? Personally, I think you need to stay somewhere on your wedding night, just so it is more special, if I went home I feel like it would just be like every other night, but that's just IMO.

I'm interviewing a girl on wednesday to replace me while I''m away and then help me out once I'm back, I"m hoping this place really gets busy while I'm away. I hate it when it's quiet, so boring!

Rosi, you have to let us know how your fittings go, I love going to my fittings, their really fun. I have my second last one in 2 weeks, and my dress will be finished! Then I'll just have another one 2 days before the wedding to double check it is still ok, and then we can take it home!

I can't remember if either of you are off to Vegas, if you are, are you seeing any shows while you are there?

#56 ~*JAC*~

~*JAC*~

Jac Jac Jackie

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:13 AM

oooh, thanks for that site Rosi, I'm off to have a look at it now! Another one I'm keeping an eye on is tvtickets.com, you can get free tickets for shows filming in LA, I really want to do that, just have to wait for march dates to come up, hopefully that will be this week or next week.
IPB Image

#57 rosi81

rosi81

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:08 PM

That's sounds awesome!! Even better when you don't have to pay for it biggrin.gif

#58 ~*JAC*~

~*JAC*~

Jac Jac Jackie

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:58 AM

Well, it's done, our holiday is paid in full!!! And this time in 5 weeks we will be in LA, YAY!!!
IPB Image

#59 janelle84

janelle84

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:43 AM

Our trip got paid for today too! ohmy.gif

YAY! tongue.gif

Almost there....

#60 ~*JAC*~

~*JAC*~

Jac Jac Jackie

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(janelle84 @ Feb 1 2007, 11:43 AM) View Post

Our trip got paid for today too! ohmy.gif

YAY! tongue.gif

Almost there....

YAY for you too! A client of mine today came back from over there 3 weeks ago, so we talked non-stop!
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users