101 replies to this topic

#1 little leisa

little leisa

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:00 AM

OK - so I thought... since the girls wanting motivation for the gym could use it; then we could too.

I noticed there were a number of others here who either needed to save for their wedding, a holiday, or for a deposit for their first home etc - for either 2006 or 2007.

So whatever it is you need to save for - the target is not too far away! But if no progress is made each week/month then it's yet another week/month further away from our goals! sad.gif

If we all help out, we can rejoice together when we each finally branch off to fulfill our dreams - and share our savings stories along the way! (savings tips and the good, bad & the ugly of our spending - share it all in here)...

...BUT!!! you MUST treat yourself to a reward each month, and share that in here as well.

So... list the following details and once a week/month, check back in with your stats - and SAVE SAVE SAVE!

What's your username? LittleLeisa

What are you saving for? Apartment or semi-townhouse in Sydney

How much do you need to save? min 5% deposit on a $300K property ($15K)

How long have you been saving? January 2006

How much have you saved? $350 tongue.gif

How much each week/month can you save? $350 per week (combined with my husband)

How much do you have left to save? $14,650

Will you receive $ from any other source? Tax refunds & hopefully family will loan us maximum $7k which we will give back when we recieve the FHOG

When do you need to achieve your savings target by? October 2006 (our target is to have our own place by our 1 year anniversary on the 22nd)

What do you need to keep you motivated? I need to STEP AWAY FROM THE SHOPPING CENTRES. I need to make use of what I already have and resist the urge to splurge!

What is your target this week/month to help save? This week I needed to split my income up through work so that $ goes into my ING savings account, $ for the bills and I set up a personal account for anything leftover ($191.54 spending budget each week)

Did you achieve last weeks/months target? N/A yet, but yes, yesterday I split my accounts SO FROM NOW ON I CAN'T TOUCH ANYTHING BUT MY WEEKLY SPENDING $

What do you want as your reward on the last day of this month? I want a pair of GREEN havaianas smile.gif

Finally, post a picture or tell us something each week/month that helps motivate you and tell us why: I've chosen a picture of Foxtel Digital, because when we finally get our own place we're going to reward ourselves by installing Foxtel Digital smile.gif

user posted image

#2 Dixie

Dixie

Dixie

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:23 AM

Great Idea!!

What's your username? B's Girl

What are you saving for? New Stainless Steel Fridge, New Dining Setting

How much do you need to save? $3000

How long have you been saving? about 4 days laugh.gif

How much have you saved? $23

How much each week/month can you save? varies, we are currently just trying to cut back on our living expenses, going out, buying lunches to pay off the credit card and we're putting all of our gold coins into a jar to help us along

How much do you have left to save? $2977

Will you receive $ from any other source? Not really

When do you need to achieve your savings target by? Hopefully by the start of the new financial year.

What do you need to keep you motivated? I need to stay away from Housey type shopes i.e Freedom, Ikea, Myer we built a brand new house 6 months ago and I can't stop buying things for it i.e Vases, Linen, Photo Frames etc I also need to keep looking at my beautiful brand new kitchen with all its lovely shiny stainless steel appliances and then look at our crusty second hand white fridge that looks out of place and also our cheapish dining table and remind myself how much more glorious the house will look when it has the new things in it!

What is your target this week/month to help save? Just making certain I put my gold coins in the jar, and prevent myself my buying lunches, house items and clothes.

Did you achieve last weeks/months target? N/A yet,

What do you want as your reward on the last day of this month? Just a proper coffee instead of the instant crap I will be drinking from on to save $3.30 a day

Finally, post a picture or tell us something each week/month that helps motivate you and tell us why: I've chosen a picture of the fridge that we want

user posted image

#3 Renee`

Renee`

Kaele & Miller's mum <3

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,806 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:48 AM

What's your username? Rernee`

What are you saving for? To paint and tile our house

How much do you need to save? about $6,000

How much have you saved? NADA!! sad.gif

How much each week/month can you save? $800 a month without scrimping..

How much do you have left to save? $6,000

Will you receive $ from any other source? No, unfortunately our tax will go onto rates!!

When do you need to achieve your savings target by? I am hoping by June so next summer we have a tiled house!

What do you need to keep you motivated? I need to actually stick to our budget!!
We used to do alot more with money when we earnt less, i guess i need to stay away from the shops too..only one shopping trip a month!! laugh.gif

What is your target this week/month to help save? This fortnight is out since i have to pay so much in docs bills, but i will get the budget sorted out and set up ING direct debit from klays account!

Did you achieve last weeks/months target? No....but atleast this is for health reasons!

What do you want as your reward on the last day of this month? To go to dinner!

Finally, post a picture or tell us something each week/month that helps motivate you and tell us why: Ive chosen a picture of Disneyland, because once the house is sorted out we can start saving to go there if we choose that option!!

user posted image
K&R - 260205
KBW - 031107
MAW - 220310
Love.Laugh.Live.

#4 ...

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:09 AM

This is a great list of questions for me to remind myself to save!

I will copy a fantastic budget spreadsheet at work next week, if anyone wants a copy - I haven't forgotten requests so far, just haven't been in the office recently. smile.gif

What's your username? Amy K

What are you saving for? Deposit, stamp duty & other costs for our next property (a house in Sydney, + keeping our apartment).

How much do you need to save? Around $35K (in addition to equity from our apartment).

How long have you been saving? Officially started this month.

How much have you saved? $4000 from half heartedly saving in the last few months.

How much each week/month can you save? $500/week, to start with.

How much do you have left to save? LOL $31K+

Will you receive $ from any other source? Equity from our apartment, will refinance when we buy. Possibly tax refunds.

When do you need to achieve your savings target by? Within 12-18 months.

What do you need to keep you motivated? To remind ourselves of our goals, and stop wasting money!

What is your target this week/month to help save? To adjust to our new budget, we haven't sacrificed anything but will keep a closer eye on our spending. To set up weekly payments of $500 to a Bank of WA (6%!) savings account.

Did you achieve last weeks/months target? Ahem, Christmas went a bit overboard... So we're officially starting this month.

What do you want as your reward on the last day of this month? Nothing really - we've factored in miscellaneous spending, clothes, personal money etc into our budget. Perhaps an iTrip if they're released soon for my nano, from my "personal account".

Finally, post a picture or tell us something each week/month that helps motivate you and tell us why: user posted image
Edited when I found this week's "perfect house" to post. smile.gif

Edited by Amy K, 06 January 2006 - 11:18 AM.

#5 skeety

skeety

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:12 AM

What's your username? Fairydreams

What are you saving for? Trip to Cuba

How much do you need to save?$6000

How much have you saved? $420

How much each week/month can you save?$200 week (each)

How much do you have left to save? $5680

Will you receive $ from any other source? Hopefully Tax, Birthday pressie money, and maybe a small contribution from our families

When do you need to achieve your savings target by? October 2006 to have trip paid fro 56 days before departure

What do you need to keep you motivated? Lots of reading and research on the places we are visiting, talkinmg to poeple who have travelled or are travelling. Playing and singing in a jazz band Which should keep me excitied about all the amazing music I wil here once I arrive!

Did you achieve last weeks/months target? N/a yet

What do you want as your reward on the last day of this month? To see my Award Saver account hit $1200

Finally, post a picture or tell us something each week/month that helps motivate you and tell us why: This time next year I will be dancing on the beach in Cuba!!

user posted image

#6 ask_me_lol

ask_me_lol

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:44 AM

What's your username? ask_me_lol (but my real name is kristy)

What are you saving for? To move to Tasmania by the end of this year and furnish the house!

How much do you need to save? about $7000

How much have you saved? NADA!! sad.gif

How much each week/month can you save? $400 a month without scrimping..

How much do you have left to save? $7,000

Will you receive $ from any other source? Yes, our tax return will go into the bond for house and my centrelink loan will be going on the move

When do you need to achieve your savings target by? I am hoping for about 2k by october then we can move and then i will start saving the 4k when we get there

What do you need to keep you motivated? Buget better, plan for emergancies and by alot of generic products (oh and visit cheapsakes.com.au - full of advice)

What is your target this week/month to help save? This fortnight is out cause i need to catch up on angels daycare fees and pay telstra (broadband) but i am hoping by the end of the month i will have telstra fully paid so then we can start saving!

Did you achieve last weeks/months target? No....cause we need to catch up on bills

What do you want as your reward on the last day of this month? To be ahead in telstra's eyes

Finally, post a picture or tell us something each week/month that helps motivate you and tell us why: I am hoping to start saving so we can move and then once we move i can start planning the wedding!!

user posted image sad.gif this is a really pretty dress.........
user posted image
My MSN Space visit my space i have pictures of my girl on there if you are interested and if you want you can add yourself to my buddy list!!

I have the ability to remain silent what i lack is the capacity

How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

I may be out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message

Once in this lifetime
We meet the person of our dreams
Who shares our
Innermost thoughts
And hopes for the future
The one who connects with
Our soul and believes in
Bringing out the best in each other
Once in this lifetime
I had the chance to meet you

#7 ~*~

~*~

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 03:26 PM

What's your username? Logie

What are you saving for? To move and to buy a new fridge

How much do you need to save? $2000

How long have you been saving? December 2005

How much have you saved? $60

How much each week/month can you save? Around $185 a month

How much do you have left to save? $1940

Will you receive $ from any other source? No

When do you need to achieve your savings target by? 1st of December 2006

What do you need to keep you motivated? Keep dreaming of the beach

What is your target this week/month to help save? Stick to the budget and keep away from my ING account!

Did you achieve last weeks/months target? Sort of..

What do you want as your reward on the last day of this month? A pat on the back will do, can't afford to buy anything laugh.gif

Finally, post a picture or tell us something each week/month that helps motivate you and tell us why: This is a beach near where I will live.

user posted image

#8 Princessgirl

Princessgirl

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 03:45 PM

I don't need savings motivation as such, i need "get your ass out of credit card debt" motivation.. can i still post?

What's your username? Princessgirl143

What are you saving for? getting out of my debt

How much do you need to save? $5000.00 (thats just the tip of the iceberg. But thats what i want to get done by Dec 2006 )

How much have you saved? $100

How much each week/month can you save? $200 (Doing this on my own)

How much do you have left to save? $4900.00

Will you receive $ from any other source? No, my tax and anything else will go towards furniture or household items i need (as i'm also setting up house this year)

When do you need to achieve your savings target by? i want to be credit card free by christmas 2006

What do you need to keep you motivated? I need to get a glass of water, pop all 3 cards in it and put it in the freezer. That way, I can only use them if i really really need them and then i have to wait for them to defrost. I also need to stick to budget and stay away from the shopping centres when i'm upset or depressed or in need of a splurge. maybe go iceskating or watch a movie instead

What is your target this week/month to help save? Moving out this month so i man not be able to do as much. But being out on my own and not living with another girl may be a good incentive wink.gif

Did you achieve last weeks/months target? N/A

What do you want as your reward on the last day of this month? getting my hair done at my ridiculously over priced hairdresser

Finally, post a picture or tell us something each week/month that helps motivate you and tell us why: user posted image
After i get a handle on this debt i plan to treat myself to a new car. i dont know what sort yet, so i posted a pic of my dream car (Lexus RX330 wink.gif)

A & B ~ 1st November 2008
Mini Princess A ~ 5th Jan 2010
Mini Princess H ~ 10th Feb 2014

#9 Starbuck

Starbuck

Chicks dig cylons

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,657 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 03:50 PM

Oooh great idea Leis. I have the ultimate motivation to save - a husband who is an accountant laugh.gif

What's your username? Kermee

What are you saving for? Townhouse or house in Perth

How much do you need to save? Aiming for $60k (20% deposit on $300k house)but we will buy now if something comes up.

How long have you been saving? on and off (off for wedding) since May 2004

How much have you saved? don't want to write it down but you can work it out from everything else tongue.gif

How much each week/month can you save? $850 per week (hubby's salary)

How much do you have left to save? $10k

Will you receive $ from any other source? Nada. Only FHOG

When do you need to achieve your savings target by? my birthday smile.gif

What do you need to keep you motivated? I have handed over financial control to hubby, except for my credit card which we both use. We each get an allowance each fortnight (he earns more than me and I get a bigger allowance than him, it must be LOVE lol)

What is your target this week/month to help save? I need to reward myself more - U2 in March is my big reward (paying for it this pay)

Did you achieve last weeks/months target? yep yep yep smile.gif

What do you want as your reward on the last day of this month? 3 PERSONAL TRAINING SESSIONS!!

Finally, post a picture or tell us something each week/month that helps motivate you and tell us why:

This house would be perfect if it weren't already under offer and weren't 2 storey:

house

#10 pennycakes

pennycakes

toot-toot!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:39 PM

great idea! but i should be asleep now, i have to get up in 5 hours to go to work! ohmy.gif

What's your username? vodkacrumble

What are you saving for? trip to NZ

How much do you need to save? at least $1K

How long have you been saving? about a month

How much have you saved? about $250, but it will probably go towards xmas presents money spent sad.gif

How much each week/month can you save? $50 fortnight (i'm a student!)

How much do you have left to save? $1000!

Will you receive $ from any other source? tax refunds + i won't have to pay for my ticket cos i have enough frequent flyer points. since it's uni holidays i'm also working fulltime so i'm earning an extra $600+ a fortnight than i usually do.

When do you need to achieve your savings target by? April 2006

What do you need to keep you motivated? put away my credit card unless it's regular things like phone bills & train tickets. i never spend more than i can pay off every month, but it usually means i have to eat into my savings.

What is your target this week/month to help save? decide where i will be living! if i move to a nice place that has quite expensive rent or move back with the parents for cheap rent/board.

Did you achieve last weeks/months target? n/a

What do you want as your reward on the last day of this month? knowing where i'll be living (and know it's not here!) will be reward enough!!

Finally, post a picture or tell us something each week/month that helps motivate you and tell us why: this is one of the first things i want to do when i get to NZ - GO ZORBING!!

user posted image

#11 Anita

Anita

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,527 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (vodkacrumble @ Jan 6 2006, 11:39 PM)
Finally, post a picture or tell us something each week/month that helps motivate you and tell us why: this is one of the first things i want to do when i get to NZ - GO ZORBING!!

Or - you can just come up to the Gold Coast and ZORB here - 'cause we "stole" it from the Kiwis! wink.gif ZORBING is GREAT!

#12 Candy

Candy

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:08 PM

I am saving for our wedding. Well attempting to. But tell me this...HOW do u save and not spend money on clothes when you work in one of your favourtie clothing stores?????

Aha...so u see my dilema. tongue.gif

#13 pennycakes

pennycakes

toot-toot!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (candyandalan @ Jan 7 2006, 06:08 PM)
HOW do u save and not spend money on clothes when you work in one of your favourtie clothing stores?????

and i bet they make you wear their clothes in store so you HAVE to buy them too dry.gif

i went to an interview for an office job with a fancy pants clothing company and i'm glad i didn't get the job cos i wouldn't have been able to afford the clothes you had to wear in the office, even with the 50% discount! (eg. it would be like $100 for a pair of trousers with discount...)

#14 Candy

Candy

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:14 PM

Yep. They encourage you to wear the clothes, which I of course don't mind and totally understand wink.gif I get 50% off stock but it is affordable anyway because its P0rtmAns. But not so much when u are a full time uni student and only work casual.

My H2B just keeps reminding me to think of our wedding whenever I go to make a purchase. He has now totally ruined my shopping experience because I feel guilty if I even think about purchasing anything. tongue.gif

Willpower is a difficult thing.

#15 Erasing the digi footprint

Erasing the digi footprint

muchacha feliz en la tierra

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:54 PM

What's your username? Little Poppet

What are you saving for? Canada ski holiday & Front Fence & Deposit for investment property

How much do you need to save? $1500 + $2000 + $30000

How much have you saved? $980

How much each month can you save? $2300

How much do you have left to save? $33500

Will you receive $ from any other source?Overtime (husband) & bonus (me)

When do you need to achieve your savings target by? Canada by Jan 31st, fence by Easter, deposit by April '07

What do you need to keep you motivated? Not put things on creidt cards 'just because' the product was new and shiny! Actually have the funds in the bank account first!

What is your target this week/month to help save? This week will reorganise my pay so it goes into various accounts like I should have done months ago!

Did you achieve last weeks/months target? N/A yet

What do you want as your reward on the last day of this month? Some Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair and Overnight cream.

Finally, post a picture or tell us something each week/month that helps motivate you and tell us why:

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users