4845 replies to this topic

#16 PetaL

PetaL

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:38 PM

*pops her head in*

Well, technically I'm not a Canberran for another 18 days... packing is going so slowly, but getting there.

So count me in for catch ups, and bridal watch!! We havent set a date yet, but will prob so do after I have moved and settled. Going to be moving in with FMIL, so first plan is to find a job and a place of our own.

Already have a couple of things - including the dress - which was delivered over the weekend - and which I am not sure I totally like sad.gif But its a very very simple design, so I can work with it.

You girls will have to show me all the good spots to shop, eat, go out etc etc etc and of course... All the good wedding spots!

Peta & Michael - Engaged - 21st May 2005.

"A friendship that was shared by two...Has grown into a love so true!"

~* Brides Bizzness *~

#17 **** Sarah and Adam ****

**** Sarah and Adam ****

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,826 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:42 PM

Looks like we are going to have a nice gathering when Kez get's back from her wedding/honeymoon...!!!

How exciting!!!

#18 ***JJ***

***JJ***

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:33 PM

Woo-hoo! Canberra mates!

I love these forums but now I love them even more that I know all the places/shops/suppliers everyone is talking about in this thread!

Heather - I got my dress at the same place as you, and am having my reception at the same place as you (and Hilary) too! I'm having a cocktail reception. And I think you are only a couple of weeks before me.

Claire - I was really keen on The D&ck but they wanted to charge me a ridiculous surcharge ($3000) cause my wedding is on a Sunday. I just couldn't do it! But I agree that it would be a beautiful venue indeed!

Oooo I'm so happy there are more Canberra girls. I have to duck off now but will come back soon to give you all my wedding details.

Don't freeze too much in the cold this week!

#19 FoxyGirl

FoxyGirl

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:37 PM

Hi all, yes, sounds fab!

I actually hadn't heard about the competition...but I love what I have planned, so that is ok. I don't think I would have entered anyways. I am a bit picky when it comes to what I want!!

So day 2 today for the 'operation wedding figure'. I have again done very well, if I do say so myself. Ate very well. Went to a friends for dinner - was offered dessert, but knocked it back - thank you! Also went to the gym this arvo, so feeling great. Day 2 a success!

Petal -when are you getting married? Nice to have you join the club!

And Tali - you old married thing you! hehehehe. Don't worry, Canberra is in good hands!

Anyways, back to bed for the end of another day - check in tomorrow!!

Claire biggrin.gif
IPB Image
"Grow old along with me...the best is yet to be"
Claire & Mick
14 January 2006

#20 PetaL

PetaL

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 06:31 PM

GIRLS GIRLS GIRLSSSSSSSSSSSSS....

Tell me about this wedding comp thingy....

Veerrryyy Interested...

* goes off to ring H2B to get him to look in the paper *

~* Brides Bizzness *~

#21 Nerida

Nerida

• New User
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 06:32 PM

Hi all you Canberra girls,

I'm in Canberra as well, but i am not much of a poster. I am frequently around the i-do forum reading but slack on posting.

Getting married on the same day as Heather 25th March, 2006.

Finally got the information sheets from the church today smile.gif. Had asked a few times but were different people in the office at the times my fiancee rang and the message did'nt get passed on. No huge new information, but nice to know the little details about music and how much to pay the priest and stuff. Getting married at the little wooden church in Calwell, $@cred Heart.

We have the reception and photgrapher booked. I have chosen my dress, put down a bit of money, but need to put down more for them to order it from overseas. Takes 4-6months apparently and the makers close 1-2 months over Christmas. So i better get my butt into gear and put down some more money.

Slowly getting togther smaller bits and pieces and getting ideas and stuff.

Nice to see all these Canberra girls around, keep warm smile.gif

Nerida

#22 PetaL

PetaL

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 07:24 PM

OMG...

Just rang H2B to see if he knew about it ( and if he did.. why didnt he tell me! ) and he didnt, but went through the weekends papers and found it.

Thanks to Nerida's message - I was able to look at it online!

How utterly and totally awesome would it be to win that wedding!!! It would solve sssooo many problems for us. We dont have a date set yet, and nothing really planned - so October would be fine!

Definatley will be entering that one!!!

~* Brides Bizzness *~

#23 FoxyGirl

FoxyGirl

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 07:30 PM

Hi Ladies,

Back after another day...another GOOD day!!

I have again succeeded in the 'no eating badly' thing, not in the exercising today tho cos I was too late after work to catch the gym class I love!

Nerida - I love that church! We used to go there in my family. We are having the priest form there - Fr Woods? Otherwise known as Woodsie. A family frined, so lovely. He is celebrating our wedding!

Petal, I am not sure about details, have a look in Sundays paper...

Oh heather...SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your dress! Your dress! YAY!! I can't wait to see piccies og it!!! How exciting! And the trainer? You are really becomming a bride!! hehe. Not that you wouldn't have been without the trainer - hehehe. We are having our wedding night at Rydges Capital Hill - it has an atrium style bathroom with spa, late check-out, breakky, champers and choccies on arrival - can't beat it - so excited!!! How daggy arewe though - my mum is taking us to our motel!!!! hehehehhe

I missed the Hihg tea thing.....fill me in? I think we should do breakky. I love going out for breakky...what do you all think???

Anyways, end of day 3 - awesome! And great to have everyone on board!!!!

Love to all,

Claire
IPB Image
Claire & Mick
14 January 2006

#24 humbug

humbug

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:18 PM

Hey Heather,

I noticed your album and your tickers!! I think you are a little tooo fond of tickers but I still don't see one for your hens, chris b-day, christmas or my wedding (Hehe tongue.gif just kidding)

H + M 1st October 2005
L - 27th August 2009
A - 7th March 2011

#25 FoxyGirl

FoxyGirl

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:46 PM

Hi girlies!!

Day three, all good.

I can't wait to have a catch up! When does Kez get back??? Can we possibly do one before AND after she gets back??

C'mon Hil, get your dress photos on - I love looking at piccies of what other people are having!!!

Hmmm, do I know Tara's wedding? What is her name on here? I will check it out. Sounds fab the 'high tea'! But maybe brunch or somthing? I LOOOVVVEEEE breakky food!!

Do you realise you two March girsl are making us travel form one side of Canberra to the other???? That's ok, it's all in the name of weddings!! hehehe

Less than 100 days Hil? That is soooo exciting!! Everyone's ticker seems to be going overtime at the moment. every time I look at mine I get a shock!! It is coming so quickly, so exciting!

When we decide on a meet maybe Heather can do a ticker for that (jokes!!)

Anyways, so good to have you all on here girls, talk soon,

Claire
IPB Image
Claire & Mick
14 January 2006

#26 FoxyGirl

FoxyGirl

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:43 PM

Oh, I couldn't handle not having Mick here - I don't have any BM's here at the mo, so having Mick is the cest thing. Sorry to rub it in. If you need any advice or people to go places with to sort out weddingy things just let me know.

SOOOO excited Heather - not long now - can't wait to see!!!

Will check in tomorrow arvo to see - YAY!

Claire
IPB Image
Claire & Mick
14 January 2006

#27 PetaL

PetaL

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:12 PM

Canberra girl in waiting here... Not long now. Packing is really getting to me... eeekkk

Heather! Love your dress!! You look awesome in it!! Must be getting all excited now!

And girls... I know all about not being able to see H2B. We really only get to see eachother every 2nd-3rd weekend - which is the reason that in 2 weeks, I move down there. SSSOOOO not looking forward to the cold shock! Cant wait to get down there and get settled, 'coz thats when we start thinking wedding!! YAY!

Talk soon
Peta smile.gif

~* Brides Bizzness *~

#28 FoxyGirl

FoxyGirl

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:48 PM

Oh Heather, I love it!!!!! It looks so fab on you!! I didn't know what to imagine, but your dress is gorgeous! Well done. You look beautiful. SOOOO excited for you!

Yes, Petal, get out those wollies, it's a chilly one here tonight!

Claire xx
IPB Image
Claire & Mick
14 January 2006

#29 Nerida

Nerida

• New User
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:23 AM

Heather, your dress looks beautiful and all the accessories smile.gif Very excited for you.

Claire- No where not having Fr Woods, getting married by the assistant priest Fr Milat. Marco is originally from Sydney, and actually has'nt been to the catholic church here just continues to go to church in Sydney when he is up there. So we did'nt know any of the priests here, so were asked if we were happy for Fr Milat and we well like yeah. Which reminds me, have to book in for the pre-marriage course thingo through Centacare. Does anyone else have to do anything similar?

Peta make sure you leave those winter woolies right at the top of those packing boxes within easy reach. Where are you moving from?

Getting very excited, my nephew, brother and sis-inlaw are coming down from Brisbane for a friends wedding next week (brrr, wonder what kind of dress the bride is wearing). Nephew is 1 1/2 and very cute, last saw him about 4 months ago when he was beginning to talk smile.gif. Probably ask my bro and sis-inlaw while they here if we can use our nephew to be a pageboy, so he can run up the church and steal the attention away from me too. Which is good cause im shy and hate being the centre of attention, lol wedding attention oh dear. unsure.gif Is anyone else having kids in the wedding party?

#30 FoxyGirl

FoxyGirl

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 02:20 PM

Hi hi,

Nerida, I know Fr Milat too. He is nice. We did the cetercare focus program. We got a choice of which one to do and we chose the questionairre one. We went to a place in Red Hill, filled out a questionairre and then had to go back the next week for a 'session' with a facilitator. I would highly recommend this approach. We got a lot out of it, just in terms of things you wouldn't have talked about unless they were broiught up there. The facilitator was lovely, really nice and helpful. If you need any other details PM me.

So where o where has our dress girl gone?????

xxClaire
IPB Image
Claire & Mick
14 January 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users