4845 replies to this topic

#1 FoxyGirl

FoxyGirl

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:36 AM

Hi girls, I lost the canberra post, I thought there was one here before!! How are all your plans going? It would be great to share ideas of who to use, etc. Write away! Tell, tell, tell!

Claire
IPB Image
"Grow old along with me...the best is yet to be"
Claire & Mick
14 January 2006

#2 FoxyGirl

FoxyGirl

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:59 PM

Oh, I knew there had to one out there!!

Yeap I'm a Canberra girl. Getting married in january. Done most stuff. Got our cake recently from the Queanbeyan place c@kes @f y@ur dre@ms - fab cake!!

Getting dress made by a lady - friend of friend.

Videographer is Shust@rs Photogr@hy, seem to be pretty good I think.

Got shoes in Sydney a couple of weekends ago.

We are looking at getting grooms and GM stuff from Canberra - any recommendations?

It's good to hear I'm not alone!! hehehe

Claire

IPB Image
Claire & Mick
14 January 2006

#3 FoxyGirl

FoxyGirl

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (heairo @ Jun 16 2005, 06:02 PM)
I am struggling to fit into the jeans that I use as my guide to the dress size ordered. So looks like I need to increase exercise and decrease fatty foods...which is so hard in winter especially!!!

P.S. I agree! We both said tonight we are going on a wedding diet starting after this weekend - we have a dinner party! hehehe. So hard in winter!!!

Claire
IPB Image
Claire & Mick
14 January 2006

#4 FoxyGirl

FoxyGirl

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 08:18 AM

I'll keep you motiveted if you keep me motivated!!! I am so bad at avoiding yummy stuff!!

Oh, oh, I looked at your cake - fab! I love it! We are having a 2 teir sqare (but on the angle that makes it look diamond IYKWIM!!) With our BM colour ribbon around the edges and us on top with our dog. It also has our lilies on each side. Simple but cute I think!!

Oh - the Abb@y!! My firneds are getting married there in November and other did last January. It was lovely! Just a bit big for us, we wanted something more intimate. We are having our reception at 'The D@ck' on Regatt@ P@int. It is fab! Full length glass open-out windows onto a huge deck overlooking the lake - just lovely! We stumbled upon it and were like - this is it!

That f@rm@l We@r Expr@ss sounds fab! I will look them up when the time comes. That's for the tip! We are getting ties made to match BM's but need suits and stuff, so they sound good. Two of our groomsmen don't get here til October (overseas) so it's a while off yet!

We are having our videography done by Sc@sters, our photography by my cousin who so happens to be a wedding photographer - great deal! We browsed many places but because we only wanted video it was hard to choose cos of packages. These people look wonderful though, we saw examples, etc. Can't wait! it is so expensive, but us like you, it is the memories of your big day and in 10 years we won't be saying 'remember how much that cost', we'll be saying 'weren't we fab!' hehe.

My dress is being made by a lady in my suburb - highly recommended by other brides in Canberra. She is lovely and doing exactly what I want. I had my first fitting on Tues and was so excited!! Where are you getting yours?? And are you getting married at the Abb@y too or at a church?

Best be off, go to work - yay it's Friday!!

Oh, I will keep my eye out for other Canberra girls - would love to meet the members!!! I am so addicted to this thing!

Claire
IPB Image
Claire & Mick
14 January 2006

#5 lazuli

lazuli

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:21 AM

yay smile.gif

good to see the well of canberra brides hasn't run dry just yet!
<center>IPB Image
wedding photos other photos
</center>

#6 FoxyGirl

FoxyGirl

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:00 PM

hehehe, no way! We're still battling on!

OK, so Monday it is. I will get on here and distract myself from the junk - deal!! You are lucky you can post @ work. I am a teacher so have to wait til I get home and get on then - sometimes even before work cos I am so adicted!! hehe.

Oh, I's love to see piccies of your friends weddin if you have any. We are able to go and see weddings set up there, but you know it would be great to see one in action IYKWIM!! Yeah, your place is lovely - the ceremony will be great out there! We are getting married at St Anth@ny's Church Wanni@ssa. It is a family thing - both my bro's got married there.

Yes, it is getting closer and closer - with my eating well I need to start spending well - or not at all! Another dauntiing thing about it getting closer is having to have all the money to pay for it all!! AAghhhh! Deposits are fine, but paying all the rest will be HUGE!!

Where are you honeymooning? We are so up in the air about it all. We were at first going to Hamilton Island, then thought very seriously about Vanuatu, but Mick (H2B) is worried that in Jan it might rain there the whole time. We do not have a heaps of money, but would like to go somewhere nice and islandy/beachy. Such a hard decision. That is I think the last thing we really need to decide on other than invitations. Oh my it is getting so exciting!

I love the shop where you got your dress! It was so lovely!! I nearly bought one there but at last minute decided to get it made so I could have EXACTLy what I wanted. But I love that shop!! What colour BM's are yours?

Anyways, it is Saturday arvo and I am meant to be cleaning up....this is more fun!!

Talk soon,

Claire

IPB Image
Claire & Mick
14 January 2006

#7 FoxyGirl

FoxyGirl

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:01 PM

PS. Who is in October????
IPB Image
Claire & Mick
14 January 2006

#8 FoxyGirl

FoxyGirl

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:33 PM

Oh Heather, that is so nice of your FPIL!!! WOW, what a lovely gift! Yes, we have looked into places up north here, but we could pay the same to go to Vanuatu. The biggest thing is the rain factor I think!

Oh, I LOVE red!! H2B didn't want to have red, but it is my favourite colour. I am having (hard to describe) a brnze/goldy/brown colour. It is really nice and elegant. They have pink tulle underneath which is cute. With Pink and white lilies as the bouquets. I really like the colour. We are having back convertibles as our cars and the GM ties are being made the same colour as the BMs. I hope it ends up looking ok! Our theme is pink, bronze and white.

Oh, yes, humbug. Oh, tht will be nice! Where is she getting married? How exciting! i will definately have to come have a peek!

Ok, so we are owning up to eachother for this whole diet thing. We have to reveal anything naughty we have eaten. And try AT LEAST to go for a walk everyday, if not a jog or to the gym (for me). I hope I have the motivation!!! Please help!

Good chatting,

Claire
IPB Image
Claire & Mick
14 January 2006

#9 FoxyGirl

FoxyGirl

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:34 PM

Yes, loving the rain! I have been indoors all day ironing, cooking, cleaning up, etc. It has actually been quite relaxing. Best thing is I am staying in all day as H2B has gone to do the shopping and he is cooking me dinner tonight which is a surprise. So I am laying back and enjoying!!

It will be great for you to see humbug's wedding!! Oh, that's awesome that it is at the same place, you guys can compare and help each other!

I know - today (I keep tellling myself) is the ;ast day for junk, so I too am trying to get it all out. I told H2B to include dessert tonight as it is the ast time in a while I'll eat it! I am so serious about this, I really want to do it. I am so glad there is someone esle here to motivate me! Yes, we will start the exercise thing too. One thing a day, no matter what it is, it must be done. You have a dog right? Walking the dog counts.

Maybe next Sunday we can get this walk/jog thing happening and meet at the lake (Burley Griffin). Others are keen too I think. We'll check the thread in health and fitness.

Good luck tomorrow - they say it takes 1 month for somthing to become habit. Our first month will be the hardest, then all downhill sailing form there!!

Claire. biggrin.gif
IPB Image
Claire & Mick
14 January 2006

#10 Starbuck

Starbuck

Chicks dig cylons

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,657 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:19 PM

I'm only a B2B for another 12 sleeps - but I'm also in Canberra. And no I'm not getting married here in the god-awful canberra winter tongue.gif

*waves*

I leave for Perth on Wednesday! Tomorrow is my last day at work!!

#11 lazuli

lazuli

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:35 PM

looks like we're going to have to have a big canberra get together one kez gets back from her little wedding adventure!
<center>IPB Image
wedding photos other photos
</center>

#12 FoxyGirl

FoxyGirl

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:01 PM

Oh, more people! How exciting! yes, yes, can't wait to hear all about your wedding Kez - I can't believe 12 more sleeps!!! OMG, I will be peeing myself at this point in January!!

Hi to Michelle - nice to have you along. Are you into the walking/fitness/be a good B2B thing or is your wedding a long way away????

So, after day 1 of Heather and I being good - I have succeeded very well!! How about you Heather? I have only had cereal, a mandarine, a muesli bar, a bowl of soup (no bread), and dinner - quiche and potato. So I am doing well so far!

Anyways, Michelle, check out the Helath and Fitness thread too cos we are starting a walking/jogging thingo if you are keen.

Claire
IPB Image
Claire & Mick
14 January 2006

#13 FoxyGirl

FoxyGirl

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:04 AM

Oh, hi all!

Thanks for the wonderful advice on the hiring Hilary! Your wedding sounds so beautiful!! I can't wait til our first (well, for me) Canberra wedding! 3 months is SOOOO close!!!

Well done Heather on the plan - day one very successful! Here goes day 2! Next (hopefully) we will be counting in weeks! And bidding on exercise machines? Very impressed!!

It is great to have so many people on board!

Talk to you tonight,

Claire

IPB Image
Claire & Mick
14 January 2006

#14 Zen

Zen

• avid user
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:46 PM

We drove over to Canberra on Monday and our friends showed us Sunday's Canberra Times - apparently they're offering a dream wedding as a competition prize next week, is anyone entering?
Zen - because FH says I have nearly the last word on everything!

#15 Tleblrig

Tleblrig

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:51 PM

Ahhh, lovely to see the young 'uns planning away, carrying the bridal torch for Canberra and making sure it is burning bright.

*sigh*

Tali xox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users