42 replies to this topic

#16 deez

deez

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,460 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 08:37 AM

I didn realise Thailand was that cheap!!! Thats great, thanyou!

#17 Spin28

Spin28

• New User
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 09:09 AM

Hi

We went to Thailand for our honeymoon stayed in Bangkok for three days and then went to Koh Samui for seven days. We had a great time but we also went to Vietnam which we enjoyed a lot more. Vietnam's not as "touristy" as it hasn't been open to tourists for as long as Thailand (and doesn't have the sleeze element that you find in the tourist areas in Thailand), it felt more unspoilt and it's also a lot cheaper. You can get some really great deals to Vietnam at the moment as well.
But it depends what you want out of you trip too... if you want to hit the bars and night clubs and party, Vietnam is not the place to go.

Good luck with organising! So exciting and fun to do!!

#18 LaurenD

LaurenD

• New User
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 12:28 PM

Thailand is absolutely wonderful. We went there in Oct 02 and are probably going to go again for our honeymoon in Feb 06.

We stayed at the Pathawam Princess too. Absolutely brilliant. Rooms are great and the shopping centre! Definitely do a Grand Palace tour and get an English speaking guide. You learn so much more than just walking around looking at things. Make sure you are there on a weekend as there is a huge weekend market that can't be missed. We are only going back to Bangkok so I can go to the market again!!

Phuket we stayed at the Holiday Inn. You are across from the beach and turn right and you are right at all the stalls. Unfortunately there was a fair bit of damage to the HI from the Tsunami but it is all up and running again. The remaining is meant to be completed in July I think. Do the James Bond Island tour and definitely go to see Phuket Fantasea.

#19 karry327

karry327

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,538 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 12:51 PM

We're having our honeymoon in Phuket - 10 nights at the Le Royal Meridien Yacht Club (5*) and 2 nights in Bangkok at the Pathawam Princess.

I had enough Frequent Flyer tickets to get us to Bangkok return so this flight excluded, it's costing us about $3000 + spending money.

The Yacht Club has a really good deal which is pay for 5 nights, stay for 10!! It's a great deal and we had friends who stayed there previously & raved about it. You can find the deal on Qantas Holidays website (under indulgent packages).

Thanks for the great tips Drom & Lauren - will note them down!! - BTW, where is the huge market in Bangkok?

#20 drom

drom

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (karry327 @ May 13 2005, 12:51 PM)
We're having our honeymoon in Phuket - 10 nights at the Le Royal Meridien Yacht Club (5*) and 2 nights in Bangkok at the Pathawam Princess.

I had enough Frequent Flyer tickets to get us to Bangkok return so this flight excluded, it's costing us about $3000 + spending money.

The Yacht Club has a really good deal which is pay for 5 nights, stay for 10!!  It's a great deal and we had friends who stayed there previously & raved about it.  You can find the deal on Qantas Holidays website (under indulgent packages).

Thanks for the great tips Drom & Lauren - will note them down!! - BTW, where is the huge market in Bangkok?

Ohhh Karry! You will absolutely LOVE Le Meridien Yacht Club! tongue.gif

We stayed there last October for 2 weeks. It is spectacular and the balconies are huge with the most amazing views of Nai Harn beach. We loved it so much that we have arranged to get married at the yacht club in October this year! tongue.gif

I'm pretty sure that you market you are talking about in Bangkok is Chatuchak weekend market. It's huge!! There's over 15,000 stalls.... The best way to get there is to take the Sky Train (just ask your hotel for directions to the nearest Sky Train platform)...

#21 TamLou

TamLou

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:29 PM

Girls

I am so keen on Thailand after reading this post, just wondering as we dont have much time do you think Phuket would better for 7 days or Koh Samui?

Thanks

Tam

#22 *Wen J*

*Wen J*

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:25 PM

Hey Deez

I'm posting you some stuff in the mail tomorrow from some mags, just thought it might be of some help. And some light bedtime reading!
wink.gif
Wen J *

#23 ~~Neek~~

~~Neek~~

Conceived with PCOS

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:27 PM

We are having our honeymoon on Koh Samui. Somewhere called sala samui. Have had a look at the website, its only new and it looks exquisite. Very private, your own pool, outdoor rain shower etc and right on the beach. After reading all these posts about thailand I'm getting totally psyched about it biggrin.gif
<center>IPB Image</center>
<center>Neek & Mark ~ 05th November 2005</center>
<center>Amelie Belle 29th November 2007</center>

#24 drom

drom

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (TamLou @ May 15 2005, 09:29 PM)
Girls

I am so keen on Thailand after reading this post, just wondering as we dont have much time do you think Phuket would better for 7 days or Koh Samui?

Thanks

Tam

Tam if I had to choose between Phuket and Ko Samui I'd go for Samui. It's not that I don't love Phuket (I do), but I think Samui has a bit more of a cosmopolitan atmosphere... but everyone is different smile.gif

#25 deez

deez

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,460 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:23 AM

Thanks for all your replies chickies!!!

#26 monkey

monkey

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 01:44 PM

We just got back yesterday and loved it.

We spent seven nights in Koh Samui, at a smaller resort on a hill rather than on the beach. The view was amazing, but the best bit was that it was a private villa with an outdoor jacuzzi that overlooked the sea. The resort had about 8 villas so it was much more intimate than the bigger resorts. It also had the best Thai food that we ate in Thailand. We loved the place so much want to go back again next year.

We spent little time on the beach as there is heaps more stuff to do. We did a tour of the island and saw heaps of stuff. Did lots of shopping. Massages on the beach are just heaven. Went to a Thail cultural dinner and show which was interesting as they had Thai kick boxing. We also did a Thai cooking class which was briliant, now we just have to put into practice what we learnt.

Five nights also in Bankok. We did Grand Palace and Ayuthaya, bridge on river Kwai tour as well as heaps of shopping. If you love shoes then Bankok's MDK shopping centre is like Shoe Nirvana.

I highly recommend it. Some pics in my link if you are interested.

Only choose in marriage a man whom you would choose as a friend if he were a woman.
~Joseph Joubert</center>

#27 TamLou

TamLou

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (monkey @ May 16 2005, 01:44 PM)
We spent seven nights in Koh Samui, at a smaller resort on a hill rather than on the beach. The view was amazing, but the best bit was that it was a private villa with an outdoor jacuzzi that overlooked the sea. The resort had about 8 villas so it was much more intimate than the bigger resorts. It also had the best Thai food that we ate in Thailand. We loved the place so much want to go back again next year.

Sounds great love to know where you stayed?

Tam

#28 deez

deez

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,460 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:09 AM

we have found a package we really like!!! its 2 nights in bangkok, transfer to chiang mai for 3 nights (2 of which are spend on golden triangle tour), then transfer to phuket for 5 nights....sounds like heaven!!! We are thinking of buying another package on top to fly return airfares to bangkok, stay there for 6 nights, then go on this tour....I CANT WAIT!!!!!

#29 RhiannonMichael&Baby

RhiannonMichael&Baby

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,649 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (monkey @ May 16 2005, 01:44 PM)
Massages on the beach are just heaven.

And super cheap too! Every time I've been there, I've had one morning and night, each day! laugh.gif

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
<center>IPB Image</center>

#30 Nat16

Nat16

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:05 PM

Those who have stayed at Hua Hin or nearby, what did you do during the day?

We have 9 nights at the Evason Hua Hin, and sort of thought we might be able to travel around, sort of using the hotel as a base - is this possible or are we kidding ourselves?
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Natalie & Brett
26 November 2005
</span>

My wedding photos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users