18 replies to this topic

#16 deez

deez

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,460 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:08 PM

Wow, I had no idea it was so illegal!!! Are store bought cd's ok to use???

That is so nice of you to recommend someone for ren76 at such a good price!!! Just shows there are good people out there willing to help others!

#17 garry

garry

• New User
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:41 PM

Ah deez - it's not so much - I gave him lots of business over a 9 or 10 year period, so he kind of owes me, but it's not just that - he is a decent human being, and he has many disco systems, and when he heard Ren's story he felt just as bad for her as I did. Apparently even the $200 for the DJ is $50 less than they usually get paid for a wedding.

As to the question you raise about playing your own original CDs, I know that in the pubs I ran (and in the restaurants I now own) we have to pay an annual licensing fee to both APRA and PPCA for playing our background CDs, so do all the ladies fashion stores, supermarkets - anywhere you hear background music playing. And I know that mobile disco companies are supposed to have the same licence, so I would assume playing your own original CDs in any public venue would mean that was a public performance, and therefore you would probably need a licence.

So I just did a Google search on PPCA, they have a web-site www.ppca.com.au , I then clicked on the heading "Licensing", and then on "Licensing FAQ" and yes, as I suspected, playing your own CDs in a public venue is defined by them as a "public performance" and is therefore illegal without a licence.

#18 phoenix

phoenix

I-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:45 AM

that is really cool of you garry. Its people like you that reinforce my faith in humanity. Good on ya mate!
Jasper Paul born 7 January 2008

#19 Crelb

Crelb

Im addicted..Been here forever

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:06 PM

Thank you all for your support and advice. It is very much apprieciated biggrin.gif
I have sorted out my problem and have found
THE BEST DJ AROUND!!!

if anyone is lookimng for a dj pm me and i will gladly give you all the details, I as on the phone to her today and she has made me feel like a VIP not just another number!!!
THANK YOU TRACI biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
IPB Image
My Children are my life....

My Husband is my sanity...

I believe sometimes
I am my own worst enemy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users