Photo

What do you do....

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#16 Kell

Kell

I have a pocketful of Jolly Ranchers. No. Really.

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 09:47 AM

I am a fulltime Mum. It is so definitely my dream job. I never thought I would find it fulfilling enough, but I have learnt more in this job in 17 months than I ever could have dreamed to learn in any other job I had!

Lots of perks, lots of downsides, but I love it! biggrin.gif

I also work from home as a wedding planner but have stopped taking jobs coz we are trying to relocate out of this area.

I like using my intellect so as well as being a Mum, I intend to study tourism/event management.
"Okay Mum, so if we can't find it at THIS place... Screw it!! Right?!"
"You use twitter Mama, so that must make youuuu... a twit?" Finn, 5
"Show Dadda your dance Mama! I like it when people laugh at you!" Finn, 5
J: Carrying a baby is the most special thing you can do! Finn:"Yeah... Except for having a sausage sizzle at my school!"

IPB Image

#17 lazuli

lazuli

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 10:12 AM

I am just about to start a new job in procurement for a large statutory authority... so i can't say yet whether i like it or not! i'll let you know monday wink.gif

last year i did a grad program through this org, and really liked the procurement rotation that i did, so hopefully it will live up to it's promise

i also do alot of volunteer work from home, capacity building young professionals in developing countries to make positive social change to their communities.

smile.gif
<center>IPB Image
wedding photos other photos
</center>

#18 cassarilda

cassarilda

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,797 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 10:51 AM

Im a photography student most of the time, and a photographers assistant/digital retoucher the rest of the time, as well as doing my own work etc.. so if any of you want any photos.... laugh.gif hehehe I wont advertise.. biggrin.gif

Currently though, Im on holidays... my boss has gone to NZ (coming back today I think?), and my other boss started work up again today or monday? However I dont really like working for her (its not her, its the content of the work), so Im trying to find another job, which is always hard when all other photographers are publicly closed until about the 12th... hmmmmm smile.gif

SO yes... student and assistant. smile.gif
IPB Image

Your life will never be measured by what you intended to do, but by what you actually achieved.

#19 tennille

tennille

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 01:42 PM

I work in compliance for Federal Government Agency.

geez that's a mouthful of a title.

#20 ~*MrsJ*~

~*MrsJ*~

fricken stalkers

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:22 AM

I am a Domestic Goddess LMAO

I actually have no choice but to be a Stay at Home Mum. Aidan makes having a job absolutely impossible. So Sharon!! how's about throwing together a budget for disability services in Qld schools!! hehe I can think of ONE school in particular??? (well I CAN try wink.gif )

Like my job most days.

Like my husbands job even better!!!!! *g*

Cheers
Sheri
smile.gif
another one with a Stalker.... bye bye!

#21 Bethmd

Bethmd

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:26 PM

Am currently a stay at home Mum. Have just last semester finished Business Admin course & am starting to look for work.
Beth
IPB Image

#22 CharlieLexie

CharlieLexie

To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 09:28 PM

I'm a legal secretary, I work for one of the bigger law firms in Melbourne.
IPB Image

#23 Mum2Mati

Mum2Mati

• avid user
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 09:37 PM

I'm a stay at home mum and a Consultant for a Party Plan company! I sell the most beautiful Perfumes and Aromathearpy And I LOVE IT!!! Best thing I ever did. I earn just as much doing 2 parties on the weekend as I did working FULL TIME in childcare!

I am however, going back to uni to do midwifery (fingers crossed I get in) and hoepfully I can keep my current buisness and be a independent midwife/doula.

Willisa & Sean
22nd Jan, 2005
With special help from our Princess
Matisse Anne
born 19th Feb, 2004
user posted image

Our Spunky Wedding Things!

#24 theenchantress

theenchantress

• New User
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 02:47 PM

i work for a state government agency as a town planner. yes, it is both good and bad. the variety available to planners is definately one of the goods, also the sense that my work has tangible effects on the ground and in people's lives is important. i have also been able to pursue my academic career and completed my masters degree last year- one week before the wedding! got an hd too! (quite proud of myself)
good luck to all the ladies pursuing new interests and careers.

#25 OutOfPlace

OutOfPlace

Advanced Member

• avid user
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 12:59 AM

I work for the state government too ... as a transport planning engineer!
Yen & Desmond
1 October 2005
Our Wedding Day

#26 anonanonanon

anonanonanon

• New User
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 02:42 AM

I know this is my anon log-in (gee, does the name give it away?) but I work as an Administration Officer for a Job Network, and I temp (get seconded...take your pick!) to our Operations Manager. It's not my dream job but I do know what that is. Whether it's achievable (mother/SAHM) is a matter for a higher power than us. wink.gif

#27 Jacqianie

Jacqianie

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 06:46 AM

I'm a Stay At Home Mum, and it's a job I absolutely love.

I used to be in Customer Service in both the Freight Forwarding and Transport industries. I thought when I eventually went back to work I'd go back to either of those. But...no.

I have just started up my own fledgling 'home office' business, and I'm an Administration outsource Service. I do all sorts of bits and pieces including basic secretarial, databases, bookkeeping. I also do resumes and assignment typing.

I'm actually enjoying it, as I'm able to build it up as I go at the pace I want. So I still have the versatility and freedom to be a SAHM, go and help out at school and keep up with the clients I have. Eventually I'd like to build up a client base that'll keep me busy while all three girls are at school. I'm even looking into studying accounting again (but don't know if I can do it off-campus?).

So that's it, I'm a bit of everything. Plus I'm a sensational wife wink.gif That's another job in itself!!! laugh.gif
IPB Image

Tracy and Adrian
31st March 2001
"Two hearts joined together"

#28 gidget

gidget

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:38 PM

Hi Sparrow,
I did my degree in Interior Design too, but things were tough in Adelaide when I graduated and I never got the chance to get a job in that field.
I've ended up doing Visual Merchandising {store layout, merchnadise presentation and window dressing}
I definitely have my dream job now. I live in Hong Kong and am the regional manager for one of the luxury brands in visual merchnadising. I get to travel a lot as my region stretches from China to Guam. The novelty of dealing with diferent cultures and the language barriers {one day while I was trying to show off my Cantonese skills in the office, I accidentally yelled c*nt, c*nt, c*nt across the whole office} keeps the job really interesting.

#29 RhiannonMichael&Baby

RhiannonMichael&Baby

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,649 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:13 PM

As well as being a Mum to my beautiful Baby girl, I'm in Real Estate.

I like to affectionately call myself the 'General Office Dogsbody'! tongue.gif

Therefore, I'm in admin, sales support, reception, sales, rentals, whatever needs to be done, I do it! biggrin.gif

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
<center>IPB Image</center>

#30 kimbalina

kimbalina

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:46 PM

I usually have between 4-7 jobs at ONE TIME! i am a freak, but usually I work part-time or freelance in all of them, so it flows along.

When I left Oz (last august) I was doing the following:
1. professional singer (between 2 and 8 gigs a week)
2. Research assistant for Melb.uni and Sydney Uni.
3. Reiki practitioner and teacher and thai masseur.
4. Freelance writer
5.Voice-over artist
6. Ebay seller - selling vintage clothing and up to 20 listings at one time!

Now I am here in Japan I am keeping up this crazy routine. I now have a full-time job at a university, working as an english promotions officer. This is basically a farce, I just hang out and chat to students, so I have picked up heaps of jobs on the side. I am proof-reading for 2 different companies, working here and there on tight deadlines for good cash (yes - I have noticed the spelling mistake in mysig, but too damn lazy to change!) and also another job as a business email tutor for 10 students (48hr turnaround, not great pay - maybe this one is a bit of a loss). I also continue to do reiki and massage, but am teaching a lot more, which I love.

I also work at a karaoke bar as a karaoke hostess and finally I continue my singing career here, though the gigs have slowed down a fair bit since arriving here.

So there you go - it may sound stupid and at times it is, but I also get to travel whenever and wherever I want and if I need the day off, I just take it.

Let us ride the wave together all of our days...I promise to never let you go

Kimba and Ry
7th January 2006
[font=Verdana][size=3]Gorgeous Dante, our little bean, born August 31st 2007
[size=4]And then there were three...
IPB Image

[<a href="http://www.myspace.c...kimbajazz">Find me on MySpace and be my friend!</a> <a href="http://www.askmisski....blogspot.com"> Ask Miss Kimba... any question -- and recieve an answer!</a>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users