63 replies to this topic

#31 KLF

KLF

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:46 PM

Just bumping this up there have been quite a few signatures with pregnancy tickers left on lately. Please try and make the effort to remember ladies smile.gif
So I won't give up
No I won't break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even if it all goes wrong
When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe
Someone's watching over me

#32 5Angels

5Angels

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:12 PM

I think it's time people were reminded again.

Can I also remind those members who depend on this section for support, I have noticed that members who have since left this section to join the pregnancy section have also got pregnancy tickers showing in past threads here. So they might have been TTC at the time, are now pregnant, and there are pg tickers on display.

Where possible, could everyone disable their sigs please? I have been really conscious of this for a while now and I try to remember to untick the box. I would hate to leave behind a myriad of posts with a new pg ticker in them and be rubbing it into people's faces.

#33 ~Emma~

~Emma~

Artist formally known as Blizzy

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:00 PM

***BUMP*** wub.gif

#34 little~O

little~O

Advanced Member

• frequent poster
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:11 PM

BUMP!

And maybe some of us could go back and edit sigs out in this actual thread as well........obviously we don't have the software that can do this - once you have had success!

thanks
Ex-intercountry adoption
Ex-IVFer that used DE

#35 lil chicken

lil chicken

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:44 PM

BUMP!

#36 little~O

little~O

Advanced Member

• frequent poster
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:28 PM

It would be great if admin or mods actually edited some of the posts - even HERE in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!
Ex-intercountry adoption
Ex-IVFer that used DE

#37 Renee`

Renee`

Kaele & Miller's mum <3

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,806 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:24 PM

Anyone can go back and turn their sigs off themslves if they remember - but your sig is on too ph34r.gif

#38 little~O

little~O

Advanced Member

• frequent poster
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:46 AM

Renee this is a thread about not having pg tickers, baby tickers or having baby/child in your sig.

Quote from the 1st post of this thread!

I thought it might be worth a reminder to everyone who posts in this forum, to try to remember to uncheck the enable signature box below the post window before submitting a post, IF your sig contains pics of children, or a ticker.

It's about showing sensitivity throughout the FI, L-TTC area.

My sig does not have children/babies or pg mentioned in it.

Maybe read the entire thread.

It is very common on most web boards for those with children/pg/babies in their sigs or tickers to remove them when posting in areas that involved Long term TTC (12+mths) or Assisted Conception. But very common to still have a sig that explains the attempts you have gone to.

My sig HAS NONE OF THESE IN IT! I do the right thing when I reply in these threads (plus I have never been pg and I do not have a child, so it is impossible for me to be breaking these guidelines).
Ex-intercountry adoption
Ex-IVFer that used DE

#39 **** Sarah and Adam ****

**** Sarah and Adam ****

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,826 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE(little~O @ Oct 2 2009, 06:28 PM) View Post

It would be great if admin or mods actually edited some of the posts - even HERE in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a non moderated forum so the 'moderators' will not come in purely to turn signatures off. Sometimes people forget and can just not notice, its not necessarily about not being aware of the forum they are posting in. I often come in to check on my friends and occasionally post, on a small number of occasions I have forgotten to turn off my signature and it has been really appreciated when somebody has given me a quick reminder via PM.

#40 *Michelle*

*Michelle*

Jacks mummy

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,743 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE(Heather :) @ Oct 3 2009, 06:53 AM) View Post

Sometimes people forget

It isnt always that either.

People need to remember that they may not have a bub etc in their signature now but if doen the track they do and they have enabled sig it will show.

I know i got caught out alot with this.

I used to leave mine on because it never had anything baby related in it and wasnt upsetting.I forgot that when i did change my signature everywhere Id post posted and not turned off my signature was now heartbreaking to alot of people sad.gif

#41 Renee`

Renee`

Kaele & Miller's mum <3

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,806 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE(little~O @ Oct 3 2009, 06:46 AM) View Post

My sig does not have children/babies or pg mentioned in it.

Maybe read the entire thread.

It is very common on most web boards for those with children/pg/babies in their sigs or tickers to remove them when posting in areas that involved Long term TTC (12+mths) or Assisted Conception. But very common to still have a sig that explains the attempts you have gone to.

My sig HAS NONE OF THESE IN IT! I do the right thing when I reply in these threads (plus I have never been pg and I do not have a child, so it is impossible for me to be breaking these guidelines).

Ive read the whole thread wink.gif thanks, But as I have quoted Michelle, you will see why I find it that you too should turn your sig off, I think EVERYONE should have to turn their sig off. While I understand you have nothing in there now, none of us did at some point.

QUOTE(*Michelle* @ Oct 3 2009, 06:58 AM) View Post

It isnt always that either.

People need to remember that they may not have a bub etc in their signature now but if doen the track they do and they have enabled sig it will show.

I used to leave mine on because it never had anything baby related in it and wasnt upsetting.I forgot that when i did change my signature everywhere Id post posted and not turned off my signature was now heartbreaking to alot of people sad.gif

#42 Bruce

Bruce

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,185 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:24 AM

Renee, if you are a regular visitor to the LTTTC section, you will be aware of little~O's situation. I don't think it is unreasonable for her to leave her signature on.

#43 AK2

AK2

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:57 AM

How do i go back and turn 'off' my signatures in old threads? unsure.gif

I agree with Heather, i'm more than happy to remove my signature, but sometimes i need a gentle reminder, esp. if it's on an old thread i don't even remember posting in.

#44 liza_jane79

liza_jane79

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(***Amy*** @ Oct 3 2009, 10:57 AM) View Post

How do i go back and turn 'off' my signatures in old threads? unsure.gif

I agree with Heather, i'm more than happy to remove my signature, but sometimes i need a gentle reminder, esp. if it's on an old thread i don't even remember posting in.

you have to find your post in that thread and edit it....

#45 Swarles Barkley

Swarles Barkley

Legend-wait for it-dary!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,067 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE(Bruce @ Oct 3 2009, 09:24 AM) View Post

Renee, if you are a regular visitor to the LTTTC section, you will be aware of little~O's situation. I don't think it is unreasonable for her to leave her signature on.

Bruce, I understand little~O's situation, but none of us knows what will happen in the future. Just my belief, that EVERYONE should turn off their sigs in this part of the forum. I could leave my sig on all the time, as it only contains my wedding photos, but that might change in the future. I would feel pretty shithouse if i had intentionally hurt someone's feelings just because I didnt turn my sig off at the time and they happened to be reading an old thread.

I don't care what happens on other forums, they are not this forum. Each forum is individual, just like people. I think the problem is that when this post was created, there were less features on the boards (I presume), but really, there is no excuse for having a sig left on that can be blamed on the forum. We all make mistakes from time to time, and thats cool, but it doesnt take much to go abck and edit your post to turn your sig off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users