• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sara Watkins

Sara Watkins

• New User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

Hello! I'm in the process of getting engaged. And we need help with know what to do after that. The process of getting me there and the process of marrying there and being able to stay while I wait for my partner visa. Please give me some advice! We are so looking forward to starting our life together!!

#2 cbear1

cbear1

• New User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:42 AM

Hi! Good luck! I am Australian and married my British husband in Aus but our situation is different from yours so this is not the process we used: If you are planning on staying in Australia on a partner visa, I'm sure you have to do it with a fiance visa (prospective marriage 300). Make sure you start the process early and apply from outside Australia but be aware you can only be in Australia for 9 months once it is granted. Looks like you then apply for partner visa 801/820.

My advice: be thorough, be prepared, keep as much evidence as you can of your relationship, and start saving money! Visas are expensive, time consuming and very stressful sad.gif Getting married on a fiance visa sounds really stressful, you might have to look at not planning anything until the visa is granted so you can be sure of dates!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users