4 replies to this topic

#1 MeganSky

MeganSky

• New User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

Hi guys smile.gif
So my partner and I have been engaged for over a year now and although we try to organise and plan things everything just goes horribly wrong and so far we have nothing but little idea.

We are quite young (early 20s) with a small budget and little support. (No family support, unsure weather or not mine will have anything to do with it let alone turn up)

Due to my usually very close family being unsupportive and pretty much disknowledging my engagement has slightly turned me off a wedding. I have barley and friends so on my behalf of guest there will only be my family of 6 plus about half a dozen family friends.

My partner and I would love to have a decent wedding were we both look our best and the venues don't come off cheap or tacky.

We have considered to elope and have looking into Villa Howden a little, but my feelings of elopement have me thinking that it won't feel real.

I'm after locations & rough pricings of venues & ceremonies, best places to buy a dress, anything to help my partner and I get this wedding planning started.

#2 aChocLover

aChocLover

formerly known as AuChocolat

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

Congratulations and welcome to I-Do smile.gif
Sorry to hear that your family is unsupportive.

I'm not located in Tassie so can't help with any recommendations - what are you thinking in the way of where and how? Church/Garden/Beach? Casual/Semi-F/Formal?

Have you been to any bridal shows at all? Are you crafty - fancy doing your invites and any decor yourself etc?

#3 L's Angel

L's Angel

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

Hi Megan

I was married at Villa Howden when it was known as D'Entrecasteaux and it was a stunning venue - it is on the expensive side in Tassie though as you have to hire the whole venue now (incl the 10 hotel suites)

If you can give me some more ideas around the sort of thing you want (as aChocLover said, indoor/outdoor, garden/beach, formal/relaxed etc) I can try and help with more specific suggestions on venue.

For your dress, I used Strutt in Moonah, and have also heard Kirra's Secret (also in Moonah i think) are very good.

I do also have a few suggestions on suppliers to avoid, one photographer & one venue, I won't publish who they are but if you PM me once you have someone in mind for either of those things I'd be happy to tell you if it's one of these particular one.s

Congratulations on your engagement, I'm sorry your family aren't interested but remember in the end it's about you and your husband to be celebrating your love - anything else doesn't matter in the long run!
IPB Image

#4 MeganSky

MeganSky

• New User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

Thank you smile.gif

No I haven't attended anything like that as of yet I think we have expos annually in which I hope to attend the next one.
Yes I can be quite crafty and love DIY ideas.

Well I LOVE photography So somewhere that will make A beautiful background. A beach, park, garden (I love the greenery).
I did suggest to my partner A ceremony in a rainforest in front of a waterfall with a fancied up bbq lunch or something but I really like candles, bird cages and things hanging from trees.

I also looked into Tarraleah and heard good feedback about Stonefields although we are relying on the internet at the moment till we are on holidays (and don't really have working phones) So it kind of hard finding information on that one.

So I guess I'm after beautiful scenery that is flexible with how I want it decorated yet affordable.

#5 anastra

anastra

• New User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(MeganSky @ Nov 29 2013, 01:54 PM) View Post

Hi guys smile.gif
So my partner and I have been engaged for over a year now and although we try to organise and plan things everything just goes horribly wrong and so far we have nothing but little idea.

We are quite young (early 20s) with a small budget and little support. (No family support, unsure weather or not mine will have anything to do with it let alone turn up)

Due to my usually very close family being unsupportive and pretty much disknowledging my engagement has slightly turned me off a wedding. I have barley and friends so on my behalf of guest there will only be my family of 6 plus about half a dozen family friends.

My partner and I would love to have a decent wedding were we both look our best and the venues don't come off cheap or tacky.

We have considered to elope and have looking into Villa Howden a little, but my feelings of elopement have me thinking that it won't feel real.

I'm after locations & rough pricings of venues & ceremonies, best places to buy a dress, anything to help my partner and I get this wedding planning started.

congratulations smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users