Photo

Engagement Party Venue North Brisbane! HELP!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brissygirl

Brissygirl

• New User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Hello ladies,
I am recently engaged and looking to have my engagement party on the 1/2/14.
My partner has 3 rules I am TRYING to follow- 1: maximum spend of $2000 (inc drinks, food and venue hire), 2: plenty of drinks, 3: North Brisbane (although I have found plenty of beautiful places in South Bank/City sad.gif ).
Any Ideas of a nice venue on the North of Brisbane (no further then Albany Creek) that we could hold our engagement party?
I have looked into both the Eaton’s Hill pub (to rowdy and full of 18 year olds) and The Grove Establishment, Ashgrove (to hire the downstairs roots bar exclusively is $7000 ohmy.gif ).
I am probably asking too much from a venue and this might be my issue. I am expecting around 65-70 ppl and I would like a cocktail style with drinks and canapés.
NOTE: I do not want a bowls club.
Any idea will help.
Thank you
wub.gif

#2 aChocLover

aChocLover

formerly known as AuChocolat

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Congratulations on your engagement smile.gif

The only thing I can think of is the leagues clubs/RSLs.

Alternatively a park, but not sure on BCC's rules re alcohol consumption. You could probably hire a caterer to come to a park and arrange your drinks and have hospitality students do the serving (just a thought to keep costs down). I'm pretty sure there are some specific parks in the BCC area that you can 'book' for events.

As for the bowls clubs - we did DH's 40th and it was a terrific venue - we were able to decorate it ourselves, have our caterers in as well as supply wines (spirits and beer had to be purchased through their bar). I'd consider Merthyr Bowls Club as a great venue (not where we went so the above re alcohol might be different) and is certainly not a povo bowls club with grey nomads running around. Particularly nice if you were hoping somewhere closer to the city with river views smile.gif

Otherwise, look at some little cafes/restaurants around the place. You might like to consider not supplying alcohol for your budget and having your friends buy their own. For a $2000 budget, I would definitely not be offering spirits!

Good luck, be sure to come back and share what you ended up doing! smile.gif

#3 aChocLover

aChocLover

formerly known as AuChocolat

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

Or community halls/scout halls etc - although some might have restrictions on alcohol.

Or a friend with a big backyard?

#4 Lizzy108

Lizzy108

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:43 AM

Congrats on your engagement!

#5 christinaroberts

christinaroberts

• New User
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:21 PM

Congratulations on your engagement! Cupids garden is a nice venue to hold your engagement party. This is one of the most beautiful wedding garden venues in the Brisbane area. You can check it out also.

----------------------------
Glorious wedding cards designs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users