• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amandaep

amandaep

• New User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

My fiance and I have booked our reception for July 2014 and am looking for Anglican churches in Sydney CBD to have our wedding ceremony. I have been researching churches online and the average cost seems to be between $1700 - $2500. We were under the impression a 'donation' was the expectation for church weddings but $2000! Surely not everyone can afford this.
Has anyone been/planned to be married in Sydney CBD church and do you find this is the norm? Has anyone been married at The Garrison at Millers Point (The Rocks)?

#2 Guest_Windsor_Guest

Guest_Windsor_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

We looked at The Garrison as DH is in the Army, I'm Anglican and he's Catholic. What turned us off was that we had to do the 6 week marriage preparation course with the church and we lived an hour from the city. The Catholic church we chose in the end allowed us to do their marriage prep course through our local dioceses.

The other Anglican church we looked at was St Phillips (on York St I think) but again, the pre-marriage counselling was the same deal. I can't remember the fees for those two but St Patricks, the Catholic church we were married in, asked for a $500 donation 5 years ago.

#3 amandaep

amandaep

• New User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

Thanks for your feedback smile.gif I am in a similar situation, I am Anglican & my fiance is Catholic. We live approx half hour away from the city and really want to be married in an ANglican Church (which doesn't cost the earth). I guess we'll have to keep looking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users