• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xoCATox

xoCATox

• New User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

So this weekend was spent on wedding-related business, with the bridal expo and visiting our first venues! We went to see Lyrebird Falls and Poets Lane, up in the Dandenong Ranges.

Before visiting, I'd had in my head that I adored the chapel at Poet's Lane and the dining room at Lyrebird Falls. I was desperately hoping this would be wrong and I'd see one and it would all just fall into place. Unfortunately, the chapel at Poet's Lane did blow me away, yet everything else about Lyrebird Falls was a winner.

In terms of the two venues as a whole Lyrebird Falls wins hands down, as the service, the maintenance, the facilities and the whole feel is more what we're after. Even the Chapel is beautiful, although not as impressive at Poet's Lane.

My main concern however is the size of the chapel. We are having 80 - 100 guests at this stage, and the chapel is very small. From all the photos I've seen, most people hold the ceremony in the garden gazebo outside but I much prefer the elegance of the chapel and the beautiful stained glass windows as a backdrop. I'm worried that the chapel will be a little bit cramped, and the overall venue is not as spread out and spacious. We are also looking at Tatra and Elizabethan Lodge (run by the same people) next weekend, but we're pretty much stuck on Lyrebird Falls as it is absolutely beautiful and just what we were looking for.

Has anyone had any experience with this venue, or attended a wedding there? Are you able to offer an opinions on the venue, particularly if the ceremony was held in the chapel? Would 80 - 100 be too cramped in a space like that? TIA!

#2 Daybreak

Daybreak

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,749 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

I went to a wedding there years ago. They only had about 60 people and the chapel was pretty full. I really don't think you'd fit 100 people in there.

They have beautiful options for photos though.
<center>Katie and Andrew
Engaged ~ December 25, 2008
Married ~ April 13, 2011
Lightbulb ~ Due September 22, 2014

When I am grown up I will understand how beautiful it feels to administrate my life effectively.
Until then I will continue to torch all correspondence that bores me and to dance naked over the remnants of its still glowing embers.
~ Edward Monkton

<a href=http://sewcooklaugh.blogspot.com/ target=blank><font color=blue><b>My Blog</b></font></a>
<a href=http://sewcooklaughtravel.blogspot.com/ target=blank><font color=blue>Travel Blog
</font></a> <a href=http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7501930 target=blank><font color=#FF6600>Etsy shop
</font></a>
</center>

#3 xoCATox

xoCATox

• New User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(Daybreak @ Apr 22 2013, 03:17 PM) View Post

I went to a wedding there years ago. They only had about 60 people and the chapel was pretty full. I really don't think you'd fit 100 people in there.

They have beautiful options for photos though.

Thanks so much for the reply!

They have seating for 96 guests, which would be enough for all the guests since bridal party will be up front. I'm just concerned how cramped it would be.

With 60 guests, was it comfortable enough, or pretty squishy?

I love the reception room (it's been newly renovated) and the chapel is very light and the stained glass windows would be beautiful for photos, so I'm hoping we can make it work!

#4 em2007

em2007

chocoholic

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

I've been to a wedding there with about 60 or so guests and it was great. I think 100 guests would be a tight squeeze in the chapel. It's beautiful though.

#5 undercoverjoan

undercoverjoan

• New User
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Hi there,

I was a bridesmaid at Lyrebird falls last year and the couple were married in the chapel then the reception followed at the same venue.

BRILLIANT service!!! the staff there treated the bridal party like royalty and they really went above and beyond to make the event memorable for everyone.

There were around 85 guests and there was no issue with room at all. Good luck and have a great day smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users