• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MissJadexx

MissJadexx

• New User
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

started looking at venues two days after the engagement. I was so excited I just couldn't contain myself! I never really thought of any where I wanted to be married. FH, trys really hard to "care" but the truth is he deosn't... he doesn't like planning or organizing and he simply said he would be happy with whatever I choose. So we came to an agreement. I would narrow all the searching down and we would decide together on the final product. This only ended up applying to the venue, oh wait, and the cake.

There was 2 places that stole my heart as a location. We ended up Deciding on the 2nd one.
1. Flaxton Gardens in Flaxton
2. Pacific Harbour Golf and Country Club

wub.gif Flaxton Gardens
This was BY FAR the most beauitful location FH and I ever saw! it was perfect. Basically its a restraunt overlooking the mountains in the glass house region.The hostess was amazing to talk too, and I would highly recommend her to anyone! its the ALL INCLUSIVE VENUE. Basically you want she'll get it and wont charge you any extra! (unless its like an elephant or something REALLY out there) The reception room is basically a barrel room which a stage above the bar for dancing or a band.

the catch was it was out of our price range. FH knew he wanted a three course meal + canapes + wedding cake. The package they offer which included ceremony and reception, with all decorations and no extra fees was $155.00 pp. The only thing extra was drinks. Mind you the decorations were the most elaborate things I had ever seen, I could have parasols for every guest, or paper fans, beautiful Tiffany chairs. She simply just buys what the brides want and stores them away for the next person and it jsut keeps collecting. ANYWAY, this was out of the price range I was aiming at around 100. so we said goodbye. :$$$: :$$$:

wub.gif PHG&CC
Located in the ritzy part of of bribie island called " Pacafic Harbour" this golf club ticked all the boxes within budget (sort of.. 109.00 pp) Has the ceremony on location with the reception. They are allow you to use the driving range while the bridal party has photos. You receive a spa day with the girls the day before and a Golf day for the guys. Canapes are servered out on the deck before the reception, and the decoration package was acceptable. Rebecca is also very sweet to deal with. There is plenty of photo opportunities as well which makes me super happy with the beach around the corner if i decide to (I probs wont... I don't like sand).

It was hard to say good bye to flaxton, but it was a price I can't afford and in some ways Bribie works out better. My grandparents grew up there and my great nana still lives there. I spend alot fo time growing up on that beach when visiting my dad, so its kind of specail to me as my Great Nan is too old to attend my wedding, and thats even if she is alive (I know that sounds awful but its true) It will be like having a piece of her there as this was her home town.
IPB Image

Day I was first his: 03/07/2009
Day He popped the Question: 03/07/2012
Day Ill be his forever: 10/05/2014
My Dress
Our Venue
My Theme

#2 StaceyR

StaceyR

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts