• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MissJadexx

MissJadexx

• New User
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

Theme: Cherry blossom, Lace, Modern Garden Wedding?!?!

So, I dont really know what my theme is. I suppose it has some vintage elements. But I definitely would not call it that. My original inspiration was cherry blossoms, which lead me to a White, Black and Pastel pink sort of pallet. But once my bridal party was chosen and I began to try on bridesmaid dresses with the girls.... pastel pink is a terrible colour!

The more I lose myself on pinterest, the more i really liked the earthy/warm tonnes. I have almost turned myself of black completely as I want everythign to feel soft and warm. So I introduced my new colour scheme. Ivory, Mocha, Dusty Rose/Pink and a dash of black.

I am obsessed with lace and pearls. Which out of all honesty I hated before I got engaged. So i guess thats where my tiny vintage vibes comes in.

So i'm at a loss where the theme actually sits, but I do know that I want everything to be have a soft warm glow about it.

thanks for reading
Jade.
Day I was first his: 03/07/2009
Day He popped the Question: 03/07/2012
Day Ill be his forever: 10/05/2014
My Dress
Our Venue
My Theme

#2 LucyLu

LucyLu

• New User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

I am a big believe of using pin interest to make up ones mind!

I too had something in mind but then I looked back at everything I pinned on pin interest and realized I was attracted to a different theme.

The Ivory, Mocha, Dusty Rose/Pink and a dash of black sounds really really nice!

And I think pearls would still work in well here. You could wrap dusty pink or ivory ones around your flowers, vases and wear a set on your neckline.

If you still want lace perhaps you could place a piece of mocha or natural coloured burlap under the lace to tie in the soft natural colour with the lace.

I think your ideas are fabulous! And keep pinning and then delete old ideas and it will come together!

Lucy

#3 aChocLover

aChocLover

formerly known as AuChocolat

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(MissJadexx @ Apr 11 2013, 02:28 PM) View Post

Ivory, Mocha, Dusty Rose/Pink and a dash of black.

smile.gif I wore ivory, my bridesmaids wore chocolate (mocha tongue.gif ) and they had gorgeous dusty pink/brown/cream roses as bouquets! The men wore black pinstripe suits.

Loving your taste biggrin.gif

Be sure to post photos, we'd love to see it come together!

#4 MissJadexx

MissJadexx

• New User
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

haha thanks guys!
Day I was first his: 03/07/2009
Day He popped the Question: 03/07/2012
Day Ill be his forever: 10/05/2014
My Dress
Our Venue
My Theme

#5 christinaroberts

christinaroberts

• New User
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

What a beautiful scheme scheme! This ivory, mocha, dusty rose and a dash of black is a perfect choice. They goes well together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users