5 replies to this topic

#1 aChocLover

aChocLover

formerly known as AuChocolat

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Without doubt, I am one of the most boring cooks, ever! So I am looking for a bit of inspiration - to try new products, introduce new flavours, new techniques etc to my family dinners...

So, tell me - what is your most loved pantry item and what do you do with it/how do you cook it/serve it etc smile.gif

#2 Sariele

Sariele

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

Oh, when I read this title I thought that it was going to be a random question thread about what items in your pantry you use constantly. Because for me it would be Master Foods Pizza Topper; I sprinkle it on the grilled sandwiches I have for lunch every day. And canned diced tomatoes would be a close second, cause they can form a base for so many things. wink.gif

I'm a very boring (and not very good) cook too, so I'm up for some simple ideas as well. smile.gif
Together 6th March 2010
Engaged 21st May 2011
Married 14th April 2012

ICSI #1 - BFN ~~ ICSI #2 - BFN ~~ ICSI #3 - very early chemical, BT BFN ~~ ICSI #4 - BFN ~~ FET #1 - CHEM PG ~~ ICSI #5 - BFP!!

IPB Image

My IVF/ICSI blog: http://elodiah.blogspot.com

#3 bez

bez

• New User
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

for me it has to be garlic salt , i use it with almost everything except dessert of course!
"I’m sorry but did I never mention
I’m better off with you
‘Cause now I think it’s time that you understood
We’re better off as two" - Frankmusik

#4 flowerrose

flowerrose

Part of the Furniture

• ForumAddict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

I'm not claiming to be an exciting or adventurous cook in answering this! I'm just your average pom - fairly welded to her oven.

I'm a recent convert to quinoa. It's delicious and so quick too (even I can't screw it up) as a side dish with minced onion and an Asian dressing or as a type of tabbouleh. I'm also loving Harissa (which my mum suggested in a rare moment of contact) and hommus. I use them as sandwich fillers, salad dressing or a condiment. Pesto or a basil and rocket dip is also a staple for similar reasons.

The kids love stir fries where the meat has had a quick marinade in mirin, soy sauce, sugar and grated ginger. I serve it with plain quinoa or rice.

I would also love some suggestions to mix it up a bit. Especially quick, no fuss, or prep in the morning (rather than witching hour) ideas.

#5 Daybreak

Daybreak

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,749 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Rolled oats! I use them for porridge of course, plus several biscuit recipes and apple crumble
<center>Katie and Andrew
Engaged ~ December 25, 2008
Married ~ April 13, 2011
Lightbulb ~ Due September 22, 2014

When I am grown up I will understand how beautiful it feels to administrate my life effectively.
Until then I will continue to torch all correspondence that bores me and to dance naked over the remnants of its still glowing embers.
~ Edward Monkton

<a href=http://sewcooklaugh.blogspot.com/ target=blank><font color=blue><b>My Blog</b></font></a>
<a href=http://sewcooklaughtravel.blogspot.com/ target=blank><font color=blue>Travel Blog
</font></a> <a href=http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7501930 target=blank><font color=#FF6600>Etsy shop
</font></a>
</center>

#6 Guest_Windsor_Guest

Guest_Windsor_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

1. Masterfoods Moroccan spice mix. Goes well on so many things! Great steak or roast rub, hubby sprinkles on eggs in toasted sandwiches, seasons chips etc.

2. My Costco size bag of almond slivers which boost up so many things. Can thrown them into muffins and other baked treats, into salads, great in some cous cous (or qinoa, love that!) or even a nice fresh pasta dish with burnt butter and sage sauce, mmmmmmm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users