#1 Sariele

Sariele

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

Britain's athiest church

As an atheist, I must say that the one thing I miss about going to church as I did when I was a kid is the community/social aspect of it. I'm not sure if I would go to something like this, but I really like the idea behind it.
Together 6th March 2010
Engaged 21st May 2011
Married 14th April 2012

ICSI #1 - BFN ~~ ICSI #2 - BFN ~~ ICSI #3 - very early chemical, BT BFN ~~ ICSI #4 - BFN ~~ FET #1 - CHEM PG ~~ ICSI #5 - BFP!!

IPB Image

My IVF/ICSI blog: http://elodiah.blogspot.com

#2 Maxi

Maxi

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

That's really cool! I like that idea.

I like the humorous elements of it.
IPB Image

#3 Avery

Avery

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE(Sariele @ Mar 13 2013, 08:18 AM) View Post

As an atheist, I must say that the one thing I miss about going to church as I did when I was a kid is the community/social aspect of it. I'm not sure if I would go to something like this, but I really like the idea behind it.

Totally agree. One of the things that I find some lovely about church is the community of it (not that I go to church as an agnostic)
"It's impossible" said pride.
"It's risky" said experience.
"It's pointless" said reason.
"Give it a try" whispered the heart...

#4 Guest_Windsor_Guest

Guest_Windsor_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

... slight tangent (but because I'm saying that, is that ok under OT posts rule #2?...)

The school I want to send DD to next year had a note in their newsletter looking for volunteers to train as 'ethics class' teachers. They're one of the pilot schools for the new Ethics program to run alongside scripture. Yet another reason why I'm really liking this school. I hate the idea of DD just being sent to 'non-scripture' or to hang out in the back of the class while scripture is on.

Maybe if they open a 'church' here they could have some members volunteer for the classes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users