• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cass-o-wary

Cass-o-wary

• New User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hi everyone, Im just after any advise fellow brides or mummies may have.
We are recently engaged, and due to family dramas (bitter divorces on both sides etc) we are planning to elope. I want it to be just the 2 of us and our 2 kiddies (7&2)
Has anyone eloped with children? Was it hard having nobody to assist with preparations on the day and nobody to give mummy and daddy some alone time?
Also, has anyone got advice on private beach locations in thailand, companies that can assist in the planning and organising our little-big day?
Positive or negative experiences would be welcome.
Thanks biggrin.gif

#2 flowerrose

flowerrose

Part of the Furniture

• ForumAddict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

I have no experience of this either but I think it is a fantastic idea! If I ever have my time again.... wink.gif laugh.gif

Just to add to BlueBug's comments - a lot of the international chains have really good babysitting services. We have used them a lot.

#3 Cass-o-wary

Cass-o-wary

• New User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I had thought. Aboutt asking someone to come with us and help out, but i'm not sure how to ask them to pay thir own way, it seems rude, but we couldnt afford to pay for another person. It will be expensive enough for 2 of us and 2 kids.
We want to do it completly in secret. With out financial assistance from our parents. Fingers crossed i can keep my mouth shut for 12 months.
Ive been in contact with a company called creative events asia, and they have some ideas on places to go that are child friendly. And even help put us in touch with a welling planner/ somebody who can organise the ceremony

#4 Guest_Windsor_Guest

Guest_Windsor_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

We were looking at renewing our vows in Thailand and the resort we spoke to were more than able to help us take care of all the organising. Would really need to just turn up on the day!

Ours would not have needed to be a legal ceremony but I think it said in the info that they would organise staff members to witness documents (so prob the event coord who would be around anyway and someone else).

When we went on our honeymoon we stayed on Koh Samui but at a resort on the southern end of Chaweng beach as that is the main one and the better swimming one (lots of others are a bit rocky). The northern end of that beach is much quieter.

#5 EJay

EJay

Black-Watch Plaid!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

I think it sounds like a great idea, and certainly would be a wonderful way to celebrate with your family.

My sister was married in Thailand and they spent a few days shuttling documents back and forward to the embassy and translators in order to make their marriage legal in Australia/outside Thailand. I am not sure if that had anything to do with the fact my sister and her husband have different nationalities or not, but it might be worth looking into. Having said that, though, the resort they stayed in (on Koh Samui) was amazing in getting everything organised for them for the actual wedding and navigating the local practices (i.e. on KS - not sure about rest of Thailand - one of your witnesses needs to be a government official, so they organised that).

But please, keep us up to date on your plans, because it sounds wonderful!
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
—Albert Camus

#6 lawler

lawler

• New User
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

If you don't want to do that, a lot of family friendly resorts have "kids club" type things set up like a crèche for guests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users