Photo

People were't kidding about the Trying Threes, were they?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 flowerrose

flowerrose

Part of the Furniture

• ForumAddict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE(~Melissa~ @ Oct 3 2012, 06:49 AM) View Post

That sounds familiar too... although tends to sum up four for us. Wonder what five will bring?

QUOTE(Mel B @ Oct 3 2012, 08:19 AM) View Post

This is a familiar scenario in our house too but has spanned the 4-6 range.

First year of school is the Jekyll and Hyde year. The child that obeys unquestioningly every rule and is helpful and delightful with their teacher crosses the threshold of their own home at 3.30 every day and immediately turns into a whiny, demanding, back chatting, sobbing brat. wacko.gif

Yes, it started at four. And what's with all the lolling about on furniture, hanging off door handles, etc?

It's funny. We had no problems at the typically considered hard phases - terrible twos and a newborn we coasted along quite happily. We even went back-packing with a two and four year old. This mix of three and five is really quite shocking though. Obviously I love my beans to bits an back but wow, I need my glass of wine at the end of the day! ph34r.gif

#32 **** Sarah and Adam ****

**** Sarah and Adam ****

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,826 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE(squeaza @ Oct 3 2012, 12:50 AM) View Post

Feral Fives?

Oh, and Eddie isn't really talking at all (well, not in English), and I'm astounded by how much attitude he can show in gestures and noises. Mostly at the moment it's quite sweet or funny but being ordered off the piano stool and over to the other side of the room when you're trying to practise is getting a bit tiring wacko.gif

We had an almighty meltdown because I took too long to take his milk out of the microwave and give him to it last week blink.gif throwing himself around and sobbing into our microsuede sofa. After which he went and got a cloth and ordered me to clean up his puddle of tears wacko.gif

At least I can wilfully misunderstand the requests because they're not in words yet. Once he's speaking I won't be able to ignore it unsure.gif

Yep feral would describe it accurately!

#33 Leapstar

Leapstar

AKA - ~*Alias*~

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,163 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Ok so my dad was right!

Raise your child in a barrel, feed them through a bung hole. When they turn 18 drive in the bung!! laugh.gif

Eeek I shall try to enjoy every single minute of Declan before he turns into one of these monsters!

IPB Image
Merry Christmas!!

#34 nephthys

nephthys

Nothing worth having is easy.

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,374 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

*sob* Darnit. tongue.gif

I've heard from friends they turn into real drama kings/queens at four where every situation requires complete over reaction.

My mum used to tell me (pre-kids) that you love them just that little bit more when they're asleep. She was so very right. laugh.gif

I wish they'd stay newborns for longer. lol
{Insert witty line/ticker/photo here}

#35 flowerrose

flowerrose

Part of the Furniture

• ForumAddict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Can I just say that my very own little threeminator has been as good as gold for the
past two days. They have not been good days, from a kiddy perspective - lots of driving around and grown-up shops, but nontheless he's been a little gem!

(Not that I want to jinx it).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users