3 replies to this topic

#1 ~B~

~B~

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hi Girls,

I hope this is the right spot to post in ... DH and I have been TTC for 12months now without any luck sad.gif . We're only 29 and we've been actively trying for the whole time (except for one month when DH was away for work and I was living at my parents while our place was renovated!). I chart my temp, have been using OPKs and we BD every 2nd day as per my GP's recommendation (most of the time, sometime we've left it 3 days - but make an educated decision based on my temp and the OPK result).

I have made an appointment to see my GP next week to ask "what now" ... and thought I'd come in here as well and ask what happens now?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ta,
B

#2 Fifi2009

Fifi2009

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE(bump @ Sep 10 2012, 07:08 PM) View Post

Hi Girls,

I hope this is the right spot to post in ... DH and I have been TTC for 12months now without any luck sad.gif . We're only 29 and we've been actively trying for the whole time (except for one month when DH was away for work and I was living at my parents while our place was renovated!). I chart my temp, have been using OPKs and we BD every 2nd day as per my GP's recommendation (most of the time, sometime we've left it 3 days - but make an educated decision based on my temp and the OPK result).

I have made an appointment to see my GP next week to ask "what now" ... and thought I'd come in here as well and ask what happens now?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ta,
B

Hi Bump, I'm sorry you have found yourself at this point- its pretty sucky sleep.gif I would say your GP would refer you to a FS who in turn will order testing for you and your DH- mainly blood work, but also maybe an ultrasound (internal & external for you) and a semen analysis for your DH. They will probably go over your history etc. It may be different to this as I imagine each FS will have their own idea on initial exploration of potential issues- perhaps take your charts etc to your GP/ FS for review.

Good luck and I really hope there is an easy solution, please let us know how you go- we are always happy to help If we can.

Fi xo

#3 ~B~

~B~

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

Thanks Fi - my appointment is next week, and it is good to have an idea of what my GP might suggest.

Ta smile.gif

#4 Sariele

Sariele

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

Good luck bump, and I hope you get in to see an FS soon. I find that being pro-active even in the smallest ways helps me feel better about stuff, so fingers crossed it does for you too. smile.gif
Together 6th March 2010
Engaged 21st May 2011
Married 14th April 2012

ICSI #1 - BFN ~~ ICSI #2 - BFN ~~ ICSI #3 - very early chemical, BT BFN ~~ ICSI #4 - BFN ~~ FET #1 - CHEM PG ~~ ICSI #5 - BFP!!

IPB Image

My IVF/ICSI blog: http://elodiah.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users