2 replies to this topic

#1 jantastic

jantastic

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,971 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

I saw your FB post and spent half the day thinking of your dog - I'm glad that you found her - how is she?

development is a journey, not a race

#2 Amelia Jane

Amelia Jane

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Oh aren't you the loveliest thing? Thanks for thinking of her. wub.gif

She's completely fine. She got seriously lucky that she found such a lovely couple to shack up with for a couple of days. They fed her and she slept in a very comfy kennel, far better than what she gets at home. laugh.gif I went to the RSPCA Monday morning to see if she was there and they told me that a black dog had been found about 5km from our place and gave me the people's phone number, and there she was! We were so lucky.

We still don't know how she got out but we think she must have slipped out the gate while it was open. We had a concreter around on the weekend giving us a quote for a slab and DH was standing out the front talking to him for a while with the gate open...she must have slipped out then because our other dog didn't escape and we had a really good look around the fences and everything is secure, there are no holes or anything, so either she slipped out the gate or someone let her out.

She was a bit quiet today but considering this is a dog who can't walk 1km without needing to be carried, she had an enormous adventure. She's nearly 14 and not in very good health so it really is a miracle I got her back. wub.gif

Piper 08/12/12
Scooby 08/04/13
Playing together on Rainbow Bridge

#3 jantastic

jantastic

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,971 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Glad to hear she's ok - there's nothing worse than losing a dog when they run away, especially when they're a member of the family like that.

development is a journey, not a race

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users