#16 Magnolia

Magnolia

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(flowerrose @ Aug 17 2012, 11:37 PM) View Post

Some of the best advice my mum ever gave me was that whatever crazy requests come in for breakfast do it. Doesn't matter if it's not breakfast food - get that tummy full!

That's a good point. Personally, I've never liked breakfast foods. I don't like cereal or anything sweet. I'd much rather avocado on toast, or something savoury like an egg, but who has time to make eggs every morning?

#17 Daybreak

Daybreak

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,749 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE(flowerrose @ Aug 17 2012, 11:07 PM) View Post

Sophie will often have leftover lasagne, roast potatoes, chicken, spaghetti, whatever for breakfast. We're having some issues with finishing the plate right now but she'll wolf that stuff down every time. Neither of mine like cereal other than porridge.

I spent years as a teenager having pasta for breakfast.
More treat type breakfasts have included left over pizza, pudding or pie (apple or pumpkin) With the dessert type ones, for some reason Mum says it's breakfast with cream but not with ice cream, but I don't really see why!
<center>Katie and Andrew
Engaged ~ December 25, 2008
Married ~ April 13, 2011
Lightbulb ~ Due September 22, 2014

When I am grown up I will understand how beautiful it feels to administrate my life effectively.
Until then I will continue to torch all correspondence that bores me and to dance naked over the remnants of its still glowing embers.
~ Edward Monkton

<a href=http://sewcooklaugh.blogspot.com/ target=blank><font color=blue><b>My Blog</b></font></a>
<a href=http://sewcooklaughtravel.blogspot.com/ target=blank><font color=blue>Travel Blog
</font></a> <a href=http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7501930 target=blank><font color=#FF6600>Etsy shop
</font></a>
</center>

#18 SamIam

SamIam

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

My boys are absolutely breakfast eaters - pretty much always a big bowl of cereal and some juice or a drink of milk. They only have the choice of sultana bran, weetbix, cornflakes or porridge.

Zoe on the other hand is notorious for not eating breakfast. She doesn't like mlk at all and hasn't done since she was about 5. She sometimes has porridge which she loves with some brown sugar. In summer she will have strawberries or grapes and some yoghurt.

I think that as long as he eats something tHen that's ok. Don't stress about school yet, you've got plenty of time for things to change. A kinder they will start to talk to the kids about when to eat snacks and how important having brekky is before you come to inder or school ( well they did at our kinder)

As Declan becomes more active his eating habits may (or may not) change.
Zoe Victoria ~ 20/11/1997
Lachlan John ~ 10/05/1999
Callum James ~ 20/07/2000
Angus Robert ~ 15/05/2002

#19 Porthos

Porthos

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Leapstar, he's still little - I wouldn't stress too much about eating before school yet. By the time he is going to kinder / school, you'll be able to talk to him about why it's important that he gets his tummy full.

My two always take a while to warm up to breakfast in the morning, especially my 22 month old son. He often won't eat until 2 - 3 hours after waking and right now, I go with that. If we are going out and about and he hasn't eaten I take a sqeezie yoghurt and a banana - bananas are brilliant for filling little tummies on the go.

Cate was never hugely into breakfast but now that she does kinder and swimming, she knows how starving she gets if she refuses breakfast...it has made a HUGE difference to her morning eating habits. As long as she is given a good half an hour to wake up properly and settle into the day, she will go at breakfast with gusto. And I can tell her to 'hurry up' if we need to be out the door and she will literally start shoving the food in...it's very different when you're at kinder and you can only eat at snack time, as opposed to being home with mum when food is available at any time wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users