115 replies to this topic

#91 Amelia Jane

Amelia Jane

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

There are lots of coloured jeans in the shops still so I assume they are still in fashion. I'd like a pair that is colourful but still pretty toned down, maybe a dark purple or a blue or dark maroon. I don't think I could pull off bright yellow or green. laugh.gif

I forgot to mention something I've been wearing to death when the sun's been out. It's a silky stretchy t shirt that I found in the op shop, it's Valley Girl so only cheap and nasty but I really love it. It's cream and red/orange horizontal stripes and it has longer sleeves which I love on t shirts.
Piper 08/12/12
Scooby 08/04/13
Playing together on Rainbow Bridge

#92 drom

drom

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

It's so nice to see so much action in here again!
And reading about everyones purchases. smile.gif

Monica I really like maxi dresses what colour is the one you got from Jeans West?

Daybreak sales websites! OMG I think I need to know about these - or maybe not. tongue.gif

Bluebug I really wasn't sure about the sparkly Rubi shoes but I think they might be ok with jeans? Or maybe not... blush.gif Your emerald green cardi sounds gorgeous! I love green. I think we need a pic of it. smile.gif

Melissa I stumbled across it a couple of weeks ago and grabbed it. I reckon I'm gonna get heaps of wear from it. smile.gif

Piper I'm a much bigger fan of long sleeves than short sleeves - your top sounds lovely. smile.gif

#93 Thelma

Thelma

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:19 AM

I had a few hours of child free shopping the other day and found myself two great things. It's not often that I find something that I really really love, but I actually found two! Found a maxi dress and a top in Myer. even better Is the fact that I got a dIscount on the dress even though the sale had ended. They had left one of the sIgns out whIch I saw so stIll got to get the dIscount! Will take some pics when I get a chance.

#94 Guest_Windsor_Guest

Guest_Windsor_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

So I had some shopping time on my own today and hit up Canberra DFO. Here are the shorts I ACTUALLY went in to get (only have one pair that fit)

IPB Image

Before I finally found those at the last shop I looked in, I got all these other things laugh.gif ph34r.gif

These sunnies were 2 for $10

IPB Image

This coat was only $30 and perfect for Canberra autumn and winter weather! It's actually a navy and black heavy tweed, don't know if you can see in the pic but it's gorgeous!

IPB Image

And lastly this grey tee and also a dress. Matched perfectly with the shrug I wore today so bonus points there!

IPB Image

Also got a start on the Christmas shopping so a tee for DH and a game and book for DD.

#95 Kookies

Kookies

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Oh wow I am loving all these purchases!!

My credit card has been given a workout as the days are getting warmer and I am finding less and less suitable clothes in my wintery wardrobe.

I splurged on this in the DJs 40% off sale. I think I am going to get lots of wear out of it. Despite being long sleeved it's a very light crochet and despite the horizontal stripes it's very flattering!

I also bought this for a few events we have coming up. It felt like spring!

I also bought a yellow caftan style top from Witchery which is fab with white jeans (who knew I would be a convert to white jeans!!). I found a very flattering (and inexpensive pair) of them at Sussans that are perfect for spring with all sorts of floaty tops (and even black and white stripes.

Another fab find has been this maxi skirt from Target. Flattering and comfy.

#96 Guest_Windsor_Guest

Guest_Windsor_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Love the DJ's dress, will you be considering a matching mummy and me number with the WF chevron dress ? tongue.gif

#97 MsGems

MsGems

follow Your yellow brick road

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,742 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

Windsor, I LOVE that dress!

I miss DFO sad.gif
<center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...hdayticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=&t2=Miles Joseph is&b=20&c=0x000000&f=39&y=2012&m=7&d=15" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="samedomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" /></embed><br><a href="http://www.widdlytin....com/">Birthday Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com</a></center>

<center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...hdayticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=&t2=Penny Grace is&b=21&c=0x000000&f=28&y=2010&m=2&d=18" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="samedomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" /></embed><br><a href="http://www.widdlytin....com/">Birthday Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com</a></center>

#98 Kookies

Kookies

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE(Windsor @ Oct 4 2012, 10:23 PM) View Post

Love the DJ's dress, will you be considering a matching mummy and me number with the WF chevron dress ? tongue.gif

I've already bought a whole pile of WF for this winter, including the chevron cape!! How funny! It's a gorgeous line actually and I am currently trying to resist buying more with the old gym bucks!

#99 Guest_Windsor_Guest

Guest_Windsor_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

I know, sell them to me!!! Or I'll sell you mine. I've only got a $50 off $100 and it's just not worth doing an order with the shipping.

MsGems, am thinking I need a belt to go with the dress if I wear it on its own just because of the way it falls when on. Off to the shops again I think!

#100 Amelia Jane

Amelia Jane

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

I went on a big shopping spree today! I got:
Green denim shorts from Gap
2 x stripy t-shirts and a stripy t-shirt dress from French Connection
Black work pants from Target
2 x plain silky long sleeved tees from Portmans for layering
Some hair accessories
Fluoro yellow and orange nail polish laugh.gif

Okay seeing it listed there, I didn't actually end up with much but I shopped for hours and tried on SO many things. I tried on a few pairs of skinny jeans and they just don't suit me, they look cute on other people but I so can't pull it off.

There were some amazing dresses in Karen Millen. wub.gif So beautiful but out of my price range, sadly. sad.gif

This is the t-shirt dress. The tops are the same sleeves but shorter and a different colour scheme.
http://www.frenchcon...133569_4196764/

And I am IN LOVE with this dress from Karen Millen.

http://www.karenmill...duct/103DN10169
Piper 08/12/12
Scooby 08/04/13
Playing together on Rainbow Bridge

#101 drom

drom

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Piper, Kookies and Windsor ... sounds like you all got some great bargains! biggrin.gif

I've been lusting after a few things over the past month.

I laybuyed this shift dress in Country Road - that I'm more than likely going to wear as a very long top over 3/4 jeans. It feels so nice to wear as the material is quite silky.

IPB Image

And I really really want these ballet flats from Sambag to wear with the dress but I'm going to wait to see if they come on sale.... and if I miss out so be it.

IPB Image

#102 drom

drom

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

I also got this top from One Season to wear with my 3/4 jeans - I'm on the lookout for some cute purple ballet flats if anyone has seen any?

IPB Image

#103 la_jeune_mariée

la_jeune_mariée

Turning paychecks into wine.

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,494 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Am bitterly disappointed with the new Collette by Collette Dinigan range. Its all so mumsy and blah. http://collettedinni.../resort-2012-2/

Not that I'm particularly in the market for $500 dresses at the moment but if for some reason a person gave me a cheque and an invitation to a fabulous something I'd like to think I can pop into CD and get something that doesn't look like I picked it up at the Walmart discount bin in Dixie.
"The less justified a man is in claiming excellence for his own self, the more ready he is to claim excellence for his nation, his religion, his race or his holy cause." - Eric Hoffer

#104 Penny P Star

Penny P Star

loving life :)

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Couldn't agree more LJM - I was checking it out and was like *yawn* and I normally spot a CD dress from miles off and lust after every one!

I am back into statement necklaces at the moment - have bought a few lately and love to jazz up plain t-shirts and shorts outfits smile.gif

I also bought my first peplum top the other day (I know a little late for being on trend!), a sweet peter pan collared black work top and I surprised myself at how much I like it on!

Drom - I think Target had some cute purple flats when I was last in there? Very nice and I LOVE the Country Road white tunic you bought earlier wub.gif

#105 drom

drom

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Oh thanks Penny I'll check out Target for the shoes. smile.gif

I'm a sucker for statement necklaces! Any pics you can show us??? smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users