2 replies to this topic

#1 bmee

bmee

starting again from square one

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

I'll be looking access donor sperm and I'm weighing up my options at the moment as to where to go from here.

From what I understand you need to be registered on the donor resistry to access sperm. How do you get on the registry though? Does it have to be through a FS?

I'm not too sure if I am wanting to go through a FS just yet or whether to look to order swimmers from a sperm bank (because you can apparently order direct from the same suppliers FS in brisbane use in the USA) and try it myself the not so traditional - traditional way tongue.gif

Any advice would be great guys. It's a little unconventional, but yeah, need advice sad.gif

#2 *Tash*

*Tash*

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE(bmee @ Jun 12 2012, 12:56 PM) View Post

I'll be looking access donor sperm and I'm weighing up my options at the moment as to where to go from here.

From what I understand you need to be registered on the donor resistry to access sperm. How do you get on the registry though? Does it have to be through a FS?

I'm not too sure if I am wanting to go through a FS just yet or whether to look to order swimmers from a sperm bank (because you can apparently order direct from the same suppliers FS in brisbane use in the USA) and try it myself the not so traditional - traditional way tongue.gif

Any advice would be great guys. It's a little unconventional, but yeah, need advice sad.gif

AFAIK the only "official" way is via a FS. Monash IVF have a large list, with no waiting period. You don't need to go on a register as such, but when you've been through the legals (counselling etc) you then have your choice of donors to use with IUI, IVF etc.

We considered using one of the american donor websites, but I got the heeby jeebies about exchage of bodily fluids from an unregulated source. Even though it costs more here, at least you know the proper checks have taken place, along with any potential baby being legally recognised as the child of a donor (there are laws that heavily regulate this area, especially in VIC, but the other states are sure to follow suit soon enough).

Edit: This is victorian info directed at donors, but still contains relevant info. http://www.monashivf...rm_Program.aspx

#3 bmee

bmee

starting again from square one

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for the information Tash.

I was kinda aware that there was information that needed to be noted on a birth certificate and I thought that's why there was the donor registry. I just wasn't 100% sure how to get onto it. It looks like FS may be the only way. I was hoping that there was going to be information on the internet as to how to get this done, however there is zip!

If anyone has experienced this and has the answer that would be great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users