4 replies to this topic

#1 Miss_Mel

Miss_Mel

• New User
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hi All,

My mum is looking for MOB outfit for my wedding. She needs something longish because as a result of her cancer treatment a few years ago she has to wear compression stockings all the time now....

She is mid fifties and still a gorgeous, stylish lady so she does not want anything that my grandmother would wear. She is a size 22 - 24 on the bottom and about 18 - 20 on top.

This has proven to be really difficult to find - all the plus size MOB outfits are either really granny or too short....

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I want my mum to feel great on my big day and at the moment it is just so disheartening to see her stressing over finding something.

Mel xxx

www.facebook.com/MelDavisMK

#2 Puggie

Puggie

Part of the Furniture

• ForumAddict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,808 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(Miss_Mel @ Jun 11 2012, 04:49 PM) View Post

Hi All,

My mum is looking for MOB outfit for my wedding. She needs something longish because as a result of her cancer treatment a few years ago she has to wear compression stockings all the time now....

She is mid fifties and still a gorgeous, stylish lady so she does not want anything that my grandmother would wear. She is a size 22 - 24 on the bottom and about 18 - 20 on top.

This has proven to be really difficult to find - all the plus size MOB outfits are either really granny or too short....

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I want my mum to feel great on my big day and at the moment it is just so disheartening to see her stressing over finding something.

Mel xxx

Noni B might be worth a look? Not sure on their size range - but I know they carry a range of suitable sort of outfits smile.gif

#3 Nov 08 Bride

Nov 08 Bride

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

Check out Anthea Crawford - i know it can be a bit pricey but they have gorgeous stuff ! My mum is a size 18 and she bought a gorgeous outfit (two piece set)

I found this gorgeous long line skirt in their currecnt collection.

http://www.antheacra...?category_id=22

#4 sagelee

sagelee

• New User
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

if you can;t find anything suitable in store, you can have a look on the internet. one of the website that i highly recommend is 7foxmall.com. they have a range of mother of the bride dresses. if you see something that you like elsewhere, you can even send the picture to them to ask them to custom made the dress. they are affordable too. their dresses are oh high quality and i have friends who have bought dresses from the website and they are happy about the dress. the most important thing is to ask a professional to take the body measuament.

#5 utopia84

utopia84

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

style and substance is a wonderful plus size online Australian company. They mainly stock Igigi and Kiyonna dresses. I have brought a few Igigi dresses and the quality is amazing.

They have some very fashionale and beautiful dresses, especially maxi's

You can also buy direct through Igigi and Kiyonna, but I love the service you get from Style and Substance. biggrin.gif
IPB Image
My Blog : Kitchen Utopia[size=4]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users