• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bosgooo

bosgooo

• New User
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

I haven't done anything wedding for about 2 months now. We've been pretty busy moving and doing stuff at our new place.

But we're now just over 5 months away from the wedding and I still have no interest!! 8O I am scared that there's too much to do and I just don't know what to do or where to start ...

Has anyone else been in a rut? How did you get yourself back on track and doing things again?

#2 Kitty79

Kitty79

• New User
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE(bosgooo @ Feb 28 2012, 04:54 PM) View Post

I haven't done anything wedding for about 2 months now. We've been pretty busy moving and doing stuff at our new place.

But we're now just over 5 months away from the wedding and I still have no interest!! 8O I am scared that there's too much to do and I just don't know what to do or where to start ...

Has anyone else been in a rut? How did you get yourself back on track and doing things again?

I felt the exact same way about 6 month out. I started by making a list with everything that I needed to do and a timeline of when things needed to be done. So realising that in order to have invites sent out 2 months before if I wanted to order them (which I didn't) I needed to be onto that about 5 months out. Then just a matter of setting some goal for the end of every week or every month of what we should have organised. I certainly got into it - just over two months to go and just little details to go which is a lot more fun - fittings for my dress, choosing beverages, selecting rings etc.

Good luck - you definitely aren't alone in getting a bit over wedding planning.

#3 Sariele

Sariele

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

I went through the same thing... In the first few weeks after getting engaged I organised and booked so much stuff, that for months I had absolutely nothing to do. People kept asking me "how's the wedding planning going?" and it drove me nuts because I didn't know how to respond ("I'm not doing anything"??), plus in a weird way it made me kind of less motivated.

Once I realised things needed doing again I set myself a time I would start, i.e. the invitations were next, so I told myself I would do them during my Xmas/New Year break. Once I finished them, I was a little more motivated again, so basically have eased myself back into things by doing lots of little tasks, e.g. booking my BMs' alterations, ordering their jewellery from eBay, taking DF to book the suits, etc. If you break things down into smaller jobs, it makes it seem more manageable and is more motivating when you can cross heaps of things off your list. smile.gif
Together 6th March 2010
Engaged 21st May 2011
Married 14th April 2012

ICSI #1 - BFN ~~ ICSI #2 - BFN ~~ ICSI #3 - very early chemical, BT BFN ~~ ICSI #4 - BFN ~~ FET #1 - CHEM PG ~~ ICSI #5 - BFP!!

IPB Image

My IVF/ICSI blog: http://elodiah.blogspot.com

#4 bosgooo

bosgooo

• New User
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(Kitty79 @ Feb 29 2012, 06:07 AM) View Post

I felt the exact same way about 6 month out. I started by making a list with everything that I needed to do and a timeline of when things needed to be done. So realising that in order to have invites sent out 2 months before if I wanted to order them (which I didn't) I needed to be onto that about 5 months out. Then just a matter of setting some goal for the end of every week or every month of what we should have organised. I certainly got into it - just over two months to go and just little details to go which is a lot more fun - fittings for my dress, choosing beverages, selecting rings etc.

Good luck - you definitely aren't alone in getting a bit over wedding planning.

Good luck tongue.gif

#5 Kita1

Kita1

• frequent poster
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

I kept choosing a date and then changing my mind for 2 years before i could commit myself to sticking with one. Yes we had other things going on that meant we had to keep postponing the wedding, but everytime we had to postpone it, i was always relieved.

Like you, i was scared of everything i had to do and even more scared of the amount of things i could stuff up, plus how much the wedding was actually going to cost us! But, we finally booked a date and there were no more excuses to be scared of the planning so i just got stuck into it. We booked 11 months out and with 4 months to go, i'm 90% there!

Best advice is to make a timeline of the things that need to be done and when and just follow it. That way you're not overwhelmed with all the tedious little tasks and the major things you need to organise. And it's always better to have things done sooner rather than later (within a reasonable timeframe). I am that prepared that i have made a couple of silly little purchases just because i thought i should be doing something for the wedding!

Goodluck, i'm sure you'll become motivated as the date gets closer smile.gif

#6 Delo

Delo

• New User
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

Intresting Thread.

#7 Lizzy108

Lizzy108

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:26 AM

Making lists helps a lot! Good luck and happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users