• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 YEY85

YEY85

• New User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

I'm writing this blog to share the frustrations with dealing with I do I do Bomboniere and invitations.

I strongly recommend against using I do I do as wedding supplier for your wedding, unless you want to deal with people who provide sloppy, careless work with no attention to detail.

I chose this company in November 2011 to create my wedding invitations.

I have found the experience extremely frustrating as countless times the work provided to me was not as per my requests.

Examples are listed below:

- I provided Dani (graphic designer, if you can call her that) with a word doc of my invitation and asked her to follow this layout and format, only to change the font to what I specified. What came back had the following incorrect things:
1) Added a line for the guest names, even though this was not on the layout I sent.
2) Format not followed: A line that was to be on only one line was spread over two lines
3) Format not followed: The date line was not formatted to a larger font
4) Character spacing in one paragraph was not consistent with the rest, words were crammed
5) Format of RSVP and Dress code was not followed, specially asked for these to be in smaller font, but was in same size font as the body of the text.

- Going back to get these amended only created even more layout and formatting issues;
1) The date line, although this time was in a larger font, had two different font sizes for the letters and numbers. When I called Dani to discuss this, she said ' that's how the font is'. I googled this to check and found she was wrong so I called and left a message to get this fixed.
2) Again the character spacing still was not fixed.

- Going back again, and again more issues with the following:
1) The spacing was all wrong, and not like the original spacing on the word document I provided.
2) On the date line, having fixed the problem with the two different text sizes for the numbers and letters, BUT she had reverted back to making the font the same size as the body of the text. Even though the format, and my specific request before to make this a larger font.

And these aren't even the complete list of mistakes Dani has made and corrections I've had to request.

And she had the nerve to say to me 'all these changes I'm making will have to cost me extra if its over 3 changes'. Well these are not Changes, they are CORRECTIONS. Anyone with any sense of professionalism would know this.

Such a headache.

And to top it off, the complaint I made over phone on Thursday 4pm was not passed on to the manager! I specially asked the lady who I spoke to pass this on to the manager.
Even though they were open until 9pm on Thursday nights and open Friday and Saturday. Instead I had to call AGAIN and raise it AGAIN.

You would think that all of this would be solved if we could sit down together and meet face to face to work on the invite. But their response to this was 'that's not how we do things, our graphic designer doesn't meet with clients. Its mainly via email'.

Such bad customer service.

The saga continues.

Will keep posting.

Tell everybody.

I DO I DO BOMBONIERE AND INVITATIONS (Parklea & Silverwater) are not professional enough to deserve any one's business.

#2 Puggie

Puggie

Part of the Furniture

• ForumAddict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,808 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Wow - place looks amazing!! Would never have known about it if you'd not posted!

Cheers biggrin.gif

#3 Princessgirl

Princessgirl

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE(Puggie @ Feb 27 2012, 04:35 PM) View Post

Wow - place looks amazing!! Would never have known about it if you'd not posted!

Cheers biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

A & B ~ 1st November 2008
Mini Princess A ~ 5th Jan 2010
Mini Princess H ~ 10th Feb 2014

#4 asdf qwe

asdf qwe

• New User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:16 PM

Well she has now found out she is pregnant and will not be getting married anymore. Now she has totally stopped caring about my wedding mad.gif
sara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users