1 reply to this topic

#1 Pete

Pete

2 wheels are better than 4 - kwaka girl

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

I have a 14 y.o. Tortoiseshell queen who is currently constipated. It's awful listening to her trying to do no 2s.

I thought she may have been clogged up a few days ago as she's been throwing up once a week for the past three weeks. I had thought of giving her some cat lax a few dys ago but didn't.

The last time she got really bad we took her to the vet and she got stuff shoved up her bottom to help her poop .... And boy did it work in 10 mins!!!

We've given her a bit of cat lax tonight and will do again in the morning. I really hope it works as she doesn't like the vet.

So how do you make sure your furballs have a god digestive system? She's not lactose intolerant at all unfortunately as she craves cream and it has no effect.

Thanks

Pete
Dazz & Pete
5th February 2005

Pete's Wedding Pics

#2 Lemon

Lemon

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

We have a pot of cat grass inside for ours to munch on whenever he wants, the breeder and vet told us that is really good for their digestion and he's never had any constipation issues.

He does have PICA though and the vet suggested it could be a lack of fibre in his diet so suggested putting half a teaspoon of benefibre or metamucil in his wet food every few days. We do it every now and then and it seems to help with the PICA! Although he's never been constipated so I can't be sure that is why, but I think it would be worth a try!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users