• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AngieD

AngieD

• New User
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

Nathan & I researched a lot of photographers prior to getting married in October this year (I won't mention names as I don't want to be asked why we didn't go with particular people or companies) and are very happy with the company we ended up with.

Just to give you a bit of background Nathan & I moved to NSW about 8 months prior to our wedding and due to our work we hadn't really had a chance to explore much of what Sydney had to offer as a couple which proved a bit hazardous when it came to figuring out where our wedding ceremony and reception was going to be. When it came to locations for the photos for our engagement and wedding we were beyond clueless. Our extent of sightseeing was cafes & restaurants!

A few of the photographers we went to see had a couple ideas of places but they seemed a bit generic and nothing like US and the few that had ideas for us were really expensive. Nathan & I are in our mid 30's and whilst we had to move to NSW for work we have also just bought a house so we wanted to not spend too much but still wanted really good photos.

We ended up going with Dreamlife Photos & Video in Darlington and could not have been happier. They not just provided us with awesome photos & a great video & highlight reel but they were very kind when it came to suggesting places for us. Nathan & I have crazy schedules & we really liked that the people in the Dreamlife office were very obliging in scheduling us in even when it was definitely after hours.

Here is one of my favourite photos from our engagment shoot. Remember I said we only visited a lot of cafes so guess where one of the places was they took us since we LOVE our cafe lifestyle tongue.gif

IPB Image

I love that they caught the way I look at Nathan when he is talking to me.

Take Care
AngieD

#2 Mickey & Donald

Mickey & Donald

• New User
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

hey AngieD,

Thanks for writing this up. We are a bit off from choosing a wedding photographer (I think). Not sure when is the right time to book. Originally we were just going to get friends to do this for us but it may be a good idea to get it done professionally. Have had a look on a few websites & these guys sound good.

#3 Chanda

Chanda

• New User
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(AngieD @ Nov 21 2011, 05:32 PM) View Post

We ended up going with Dreamlife Photos & Video in Darlington and could not have been happier. They not just provided us with awesome photos

My FH & I got Dreamlife Photos & Video in Melbourne to do some photos for our engagement & my parents got them to do some portraits of them & us kids a couple years ago for their 25th wedding anniversary. Good to know that the Sydney office is as good as the Melbourne one and that I should be able to expect good wedding photos. biggrin.gif

Happy Wedding Planning Everyone
Chanda

#4 chelley

chelley

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:03 PM

janechoi your post has been reported. If you want to recommend your own company then follow the rules on i-do and pay for advertising or Pm other forum members.
IPB Image

Check out my blog at www.geeyourebrave.com

#5 AngieD

AngieD

• New User
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

Thanks Chelley.
Chanda it is good to know that they do good work in Melbourne as well. Thanks for adding that. It can be so hard at time to find photographers that you like & trust. Hopefully this is true for all their branches & photographers smile.gif
Mickey & Donald when is your wedding? Depending on how far off your wedding is that will determine how soon you need to be looking. Although having a few photographers in mind for around your dates is probably a good idea just in case your first choice can't fit you in.
Take Care
AngieD

#6 Mickey & Donald

Mickey & Donald

• New User
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(AngieD @ Dec 2 2011, 01:36 PM) View Post

Mickey & Donald when is your wedding? Depending on how far off your wedding is that will determine how soon you need to be looking. Although having a few photographers in mind for around your dates is probably a good idea just in case your first choice can't fit you in.

Hi Angie, we are getting married on 10th March next year so only a few months to go! I am getting very very nervous but so very excited for the day to JUST GET HERE ALREADY!!!!!!!!! I want to be a wife already wub.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users