• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AllyMi

AllyMi

• New User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

Nik & I only recenly got engaged but will be having an official engagement party in January 2012.

I have always loved the Botanical Gardens here in Brisbane & would love to have our engagement party on the lawns there during the day. I would really love this to be a catered picnic.

I know you can hire out sections for weddings & corporate functions but can you hire any of the gardens for an engagement party?

Am wanting to do a day thing as I am starting to make hints already (we got engaged a couple months ago) that the wedding itself will be adult only for the reception & babysitters will be provided.
Counting down the days!
Ally

#2 aChocLover

aChocLover

formerly known as AuChocolat

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

Not sure about the botanical gardens being hired out for reasons other than weddings, you'd probably get a definite answer from the Brisbane City Council though.

I think Roma St parklands is probably the alternative if you can't get approval to use the Botanical Gardens.

Good luck smile.gif

#3 AllyMi

AllyMi

• New User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

Thanks aChocLover! I will try and give them a call tomorrow otherwise Roma Street Parklands it is! They are also really nice so I won't be too disappointed if I can't have my first choice. smile.gif
Counting down the days!
Ally

#4 simonjames

simonjames

• New User
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

The point of the party is to commemorate the spouses-to-be, so start with photographs of the very pleased duo — especially ones from the starting of their relationship and/or those they don't have exact replicates of themselves.

#5 StaceyR

StaceyR

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:36 AM

Having an engagement party at Botanical Gardens is a wonderful idea!

#6 Lizzy108

Lizzy108

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:21 AM

These are some sweet and romantic proposals!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users