3 replies to this topic

#1 beachgurl

beachgurl

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:56 PM

DH has just converted Z's cot to a bed. Should it have railings on the side or do you have to buy a guard for the side of the bed so they don't fall out? DH put the bits of wood on each side but I'm sure she'll fall out when she rolls over.

#2 AK2

AK2

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

We had the same debate. Well, I did- DH's theory was that 'kids falling out of bed is part of life, he'll learn, it's not going to hurt him'.

Well, we never got around to getting a railing, and he's only fallen out a few times, and never been hurt- he actually just reaches up, grabs his blanket, and keeps on sleeping.........

#3 Guest_Windsor_Guest

Guest_Windsor_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:43 PM

Cait has a similar cot-bed and I had the rails on for a couple of months, she's been in it as a bed for nearly 6 months now and the night before last was the first time she ever rolled out.

But Cait also never climbed out for the first few months, she'd just lie in bed of a morning and call out for us to get her out. When she started getting in and out (and trying to carry every stuffed toy, her water and her pillow) it was actually hindering her getting in so I took it off.

#4 seedyem1978

seedyem1978

1 hot Jan mumma

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:30 PM

We bought a rail because we knew we'd be transitioning to a single bed that's really high later - and we needed one for that. But you could always just pop a folded blanket underneath. It really depends how much you tuck them in, how much they roll around etc. You won't know if it's an issue for your little one til you try :-)

(FWIW, the rail we bought we couldn't lower while it was on the toddler bed as it had to fit under the mattress and then between the mattress side and those bits of wood)
<center>IPB Image
<a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"></a></center>

ass-vice: when good advice goes bad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users