3 replies to this topic

#1 Avery

Avery

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

Anyone got a video camera that they love?

DD is 2 and at the stage where she is doing so much new stuff that I really want to capture it - but I know i'll need a camera that is super easy to use.

Any reccy's would be much appreciates smile.gif
"It's impossible" said pride.
"It's risky" said experience.
"It's pointless" said reason.
"Give it a try" whispered the heart...

#2 cheekymonkey

cheekymonkey

Married!!!

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE(Avery @ Apr 26 2011, 12:58 PM) View Post

Anyone got a video camera that they love?

DD is 2 and at the stage where she is doing so much new stuff that I really want to capture it - but I know i'll need a camera that is super easy to use.

Any reccy's would be much appreciates smile.gif

we have a jvc - a good vid cam overall but annoying when actually doing something with the videos as they are in a different format ie not mpeg or avi, so I suggest getting one that puts out actual video files.

#3 Magnolia

Magnolia

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:21 PM

We did heaps of research and ended up buying a Sony HDR-XR550. It's really easy to use, shoots great footage and has a 12 mega pixel stills camera. I think the rrp was about $1700, so not the cheapest.

The other one we were thinking of was the Panasonic HDC-SD700. At roughly the same price, we were told comparing the two is like choosing between holden and ford, more a personal preference as most cameras in the $1500 price range have almost identical features.

We did most of our research on this Australian site which also has lots of reviews.

http://www.goodgearg...video/roundups/

ETA, there are heaps of features that you can fiddle with, but it has inbuilt auto settings that allows you just to flick it on, and point and shoot so you don't waste time adjusting settings and missing all those special moments.

#4 Camilla

Camilla

Roar!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:19 PM

We have a camera that is a slightly older version of the PPers Sony. We love it! It takes HD video and does need converting if you want to upload it etc but I love the quality it has when you watch it on a big screen and the sound quality is really good too. My mum borrowed it to record her piano concerts and didn't need to add any extra audio recordings. The still photos are pretty good too.
Camilla
C&S 02-11-2002
DS 23-04-2007
DD 09-11-2009

(Angel Baby - Ectopic - 19th December 2005)
(CP - 19th August 2008)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users