#1 Mellybel

Mellybel

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

Hi girls

am only 14 and 1/2 weeks pregnant (and not planning to ask godparents until birth) but we're a bit stuck...

Had always intended to ask our good friends to be godparents - not keen on family such as aunts/uncles etc... as godparents too, plus they are catholic and religious like us and we want spiritual guides for our child too.

Problem is this - or should I say two problems;
- they live about 8 hours away
- are already godparents to two little girls already so they will be busy

Unfortunately, there's really noone else we could ask, for the above reasons

What shoulod we do?????????????

Mel x
IPB Image

#2 Renee`

Renee`

Kaele & Miller's mum <3

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,806 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

How often do you see these people and would they be able to maintain a close relatinonship with your child?
=I was hesitant to ask my brother for Kaele as he was godfather to my nephew, but I realised, that if he didnt want to do it he would say no. I told him my fear and he told me he would of been quiet upset if that was the reason he wasnt asked.

FWIW my brother has 5 children and is godfather to my sisters boy, plus my two, and it was most definately the right choice for us smile.gif he works away for 4 weeks at a time but has a very close bond with my children. Particulary Kaele.
K&R - 260205
KBW - 031107
MAW - 220310
Love.Laugh.Live.

#3 -Megs-

-Megs-

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:49 PM

All our children will have the same godparents. We're not religious so for us it was more about choosing people we knew would always be in their lives, would always be a source of love, support and guidance for them, people they will hopefully feel comfortable to turn to for all those little things you don't want to talk to your parents about.

#4 Mellybel

Mellybel

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:21 PM

Thanks girls

QUOTE(Renee` @ Sep 12 2010, 05:40 PM) View Post

How often do you see these people and would they be able to maintain a close relatinonship with your child?

A fair bit, they are our closest friends and have been for several years - hubby was mc at their wedding and she was moh for mine. When we all lived in perth we saw them at least once a week, and spend the holidays together now - we're all teachers/ta's

Mel x

IPB Image

#5 Avery

Avery

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(-Megs- @ Sep 12 2010, 04:49 PM) View Post

All our children will have the same godparents. We're not religious so for us it was more about choosing people we knew would always be in their lives, would always be a source of love, support and guidance for them, people they will hopefully feel comfortable to turn to for all those little things you don't want to talk to your parents about.

We were the same as Megs. We chose my Sister, and my great aunt who I am very close too.
"It's impossible" said pride.
"It's risky" said experience.
"It's pointless" said reason.
"Give it a try" whispered the heart...

#6 Mellybel

Mellybel

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:20 PM

Quick update, we asked them... and they said yes - well she said she felt really honoured and she'd love to, his (being a smart a@$) response was I'll let you know!!

So that's settled

Mel x
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users