2 replies to this topic

#1 LadyLisa

LadyLisa

• New User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:10 PM

Hi all

First time poster, FH and I are planning our engagement party and FH thinks that we need to mention on the invitation that it is fully catered (food and drinks)

However, I thought that that was the expectation and you only mentioned 'BYO' or 'drinks at bar prices' if the event was not fully catered?

What is the etiquette on this... Does 'please join us for dinner and drinks' suggest strongly enough that it is catered?

Thanks smile.gif

#2 AK2

AK2

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

I'm with you. Unless the invitation said BYO Drinks/Platter to share, then I would expect it to be fully catered.

Word of mouth is also a powerful thing, just tell your Mum and a few friends about the fantastic food you have planned and word will get around!

#3 Guest_Windsor_Guest

Guest_Windsor_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:01 PM

If you are hiring a venue and the invite didn't mention BYO then I would assume it was fully catered. If it was a backyard affair I would automatically assume it was BYO, even if not explicitly mentioned on the invitation. Just the way my family works.

But the line you suggested sounds fine to me, I would personally include it. I like to mention if it will be finger food on the invite as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users