1 reply to this topic

#1 BitDazzled

BitDazzled

• New User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:15 AM

Okay where to start....

We recently got engaged and we plan to have the party on our anniversay (31st July 2010).
I have ben thinking of hiring a Hall/function room athough I would like ideas for th Perth area.
We live NOR but most friends/family are SOR we are tending to lean more towards SOR due to grandparents or somewhere easily accessable from the freeway.

Our back yard is large but would need various marques as its a strange shape to get from house to flat area and being that it'll be winter fully enclosed ones wouldbe needed and I feel this will be quite pricey.

We would like to budget around the 1,200$ this including beverages, we are mid twenties so I can see that being the most expensive part! laugh.gif

Have been a member to the Innaloo sportsmen club for years but unfortunatly they are booked on that night DAMN bootscooters!!! Something similar wouldbe great as I know club prices for beverags are cheap.
Looked into the Belguim Beer cafe their hire rates are reasonable but pricey drinks (9.5 most beers)

Im all cofused on ideas or places and open to all Idea's from lunch to evening....

#2 Princessgirl

Princessgirl

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

We had ours at the balmoral in vic park. We hired the upstairs room for free but had to spend a certain amount on food. There was a bar upstairs and we put a bar tab down. I think all up it cost about 2K but that was mainly the bar tab.

The broken hill hotel, geisha bar and subi hotel are all nice venues that do a similar thing for functions. During a walk the other day i noticed that there is a function room at Burswood park - its called burswood on the swan - lovely swan river views.

Hope that helps

A & B ~ 1st November 2008
Mini Princess A ~ 5th Jan 2010
Mini Princess H ~ 10th Feb 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users