#1 kirst

kirst

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

http://www.facebook....4...9037&ref=ts

I know that it is along time since I have been on but I need help - we need help. You may even know someone that this effects.

I am writing as we a small group of families fighting QLD health. Early this week QLD Health informed parents that utilise their Children’s Therapy Services (CTS) in Caboolture and Redcliffe hospitals that the services offered are being closed and relocated to a new center at Northlakes. CTS units provide services for special needs children that suffer from speech, learning delays to server physical and mental handicaps. These CTS units currently are located in low economic areas, where numerous families are considered close to the poverty lines. The services offered by CTS include Physio, Speech Occupation Therapy, Dietitians and Nurse Councilors these services are either limited, not available or too costly for families in these areas.

We are talking about families that are already doing it hard and have more that the normal families every days stresses. The new unit that the QLD has made is a considerable distance form the existing units resulting is some families having to travel over 2 hours to utilise this service. This is not only a costly exercise for the families involved but the main issue that the families will face is after the traveling to get to the new location their special little ones are going to either be weary from travel, grumpy or asleep. This would then make the therapy session useless.

The new Northlake’s center has less room and faculties on offer at the current locations but yet 2 centers are being combined to make one and will be sharing the space with other services.

I have included a link to a Face book group formed a few days ago to help parents and family members to have a say to protect these special little children that cannot fight for them selves and for everyone to join that feels this is WRONG. This group also has links to current news articles and further information. I and many other parents would be grateful if you consider assisting us in the fight for our local disability services for children.

Kirst
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users