2 replies to this topic

#1 JTSW13

JTSW13

• New User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

Hi,
I am getting married in May 2011 in Noosa and wanting some advise.

We are planning on a wedding on/ near the beach. What have others done in regards to cars? If you have to walk 100m to the location from the road/car park have people bothered to get a nice pretty car?

We are thinking of maybe some accommodation for the Groom + party along the beach front for them to walk down to the ceremony location as well as the bride + party (different hotel maybe). Has anyone done this? What then should we do for transport for photos and to get to the reception venue (5-10min drive away).

Also has anyone found a good wet weather alternate venue for Noosa.

Could really do with some ideas/ help. I am the first of my close friends to get married so I dont have too much of a sounding board to assist with real life situations.

Hope to hear from someone.

Jodie

#2 drom

drom

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:54 PM

We got married on the beachfront in Noosa a few years ago.

To answer a few of your questions..

We stayed at a beachfront hotel called Tingirana which was a 3 min walk along the boardwalk to our ceremony venue (Casuarina Gardens). The night before the wedding, hubby moved to another beachfront hotel (called On The Beach) with his GMs and myself and the BMs stayed at Tingirana. Even though we were staying a short (less than 5 min walk from the ceremony/reception locations..... we still decided to hire a wedding car.

Our reasons were that we had decided to get photo's done on Noosa main beach and a few other locations (Little Cove, National Park & Sunshine beach) after the ceremony. So we needed a car for that. So it seemed a waste for at least one of us to not use the car to get to the ceremony. So us girls took it and the guys walked along the boardwalk to the ceremony location.

The other good thing about using the car to drive the short few mins to the ceremony was that it gave me time to calm down, reflect and relax in peace before the ceremony. Without having to cope with well wishers and people oggling you walking along - you'll get enough of them after the wedding. But, I didn't mind afterwards - it was just before when I was nervous that I wanted time alone if that makes sense. Plus, if it is a windy day which it tends to be down the beach, having the car saves your hair from being blown around.....

The other thing I'd mention is to watch your high heels dont get stuck or damaged slipping inbetween the boards on the Noosa boardwalk. This happened to me a fair few times and they trashed my heels.

As for wet weather plans - our ceremony venue (Casuarina Gardens) overlooks Noosa main beach but is quite protected with lots of trees that could provide a degree of wet weather protection. But, we also checked with our reception venue (Bistro C) to see that we could use them in an emergency if it rained.

Hope this helps.

#3 JTSW13

JTSW13

• New User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

drom,
Thank you for this. It had confirmed that getting the car is still worth it. I checked with my reception venue they dont have the space for a ceremony if it rains - so guess it is back to the drawing board in finding somewhere else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users