#1 Avery

Avery

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:41 AM

Hi Ladies,

We are having DD’s naming ceremony on a month’s time, and I’m currently writing the ceremony.

I have found a poem that I quite like, which one of our daughters guardians will read out, however the more I read it, the more I think it’s a little too adult for a naming ceremony.
Can anyone help me change it around a little so it’s more kiddie friendly? Or do you think it’s ok?

Lessons for Children to Learn
Do not be bored with childhood so that you rush to grow up – and then long to be a child again.
Do not lose your health to make money – you’ll lose your money to restore your health.
Do not think so anxiously about the future that you forget the present and end up living neither.
Do not live as though you will never die, or you will die as though you have never lived.
Learn that you cannot make someone love you, all you can do is let yourself be loved.
Learn that it is neither interesting nor helpful to compare yourself with others.
Learn to forgive by practising forgiveness.
Learn that it only takes a few seconds to open profound wounds in those whom we love and it can take many years to heal them.
Learn that there will be those that love you dearly but who have not learned how to express or show their feelings.
Learn that two people can look at the same thing and see it entirely differently.
Learn that a rich person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least to be happy.
Learn that it is not enough for you to forgive others, you must also forgive yourself.

"It's impossible" said pride.
"It's risky" said experience.
"It's pointless" said reason.
"Give it a try" whispered the heart...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users