3 replies to this topic

#1 T-T

T-T

Don't underestimate

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:49 PM

As the title suggests I'm looking for any websites that have free sheet music for piano. I'm not after any particular style of music and would be grateful for any suggestions. TIA

#2 nephthys

nephthys

Nothing worth having is easy.

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,374 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:42 AM

I don't know a free website, in fact, unless it's seriously dodgy, I doubt they're be many. There are strict copyright restrictions on sheet music, not to mention unless the artist is happy putting their music freely on the internet, it's not really fair on them.

musicnotes.com have heaps of music and it's only a few dollars a song, which I think is really reasonable.
{Insert witty line/ticker/photo here}

#3 T-T

T-T

Don't underestimate

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:41 AM

Thanks, Neph - will check it out.

#4 RaeJane

RaeJane

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

I've found Piano Files to be pretty handy. Most sites where you download the sheet music are either ones where you have to subscribe, or just guitar tabs (what I've found anyway), or a few with a smattering of sheet music on there. With Piano Files, the users list what they own and you can request sheet music from them. I guess it gets around the whole copyright issue - it just means you have to hope the person gets back to you, but they generally do.
Married 6th March, 2010

LTTTC since January, 2011 (MFI)

Check out my blog here: Spot of Colour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users