2 replies to this topic

#1 Becca13

Becca13

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:55 AM

My DH's parents were this week going to start looking after DS for a few hours a week, DH rang them to remind them when this was starting and was told "you're not to pick your DS up until after a certain time until you sort things out with your brother" (due to an ongoing spat where DH's brother cracked it with him because he wouldn't leave me at home for a weekend away, where families were invited to go).
With that my DH told them not to bother and that they probably really didn't want to look after him anyway, to which they replied "no, we really want to see him" (fine way of showing it).
I've now told DH we'll make other arrangements, I feel like (again) they've chosen the other family over us, and I feel like and idiot because DH said this would happen and I told him to give them a chance (never thinking they would say something like this).
I told DH that they can shove Christmas up their **** because i'm not going to play happy families with them when they've upset us, and clearly chosen one family over the other.
The upside?
Christmas just got cheaper....

#2 indigo

indigo

FARTY OWLS!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,733 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:01 AM

Oh no. sad.gif How horrible that they've done this, especially when it was clearly not you and your hubby in the wrong.

My MIL does this - she knows that she can manipulate hubby and she wants a 'happy happy' family at any cost so she pushes him until she gets what she wants.
Any favours always come with stipulations too, she can never just be generous for the sake of love, it always comes with a set of terms and conditions!

Trouble is that whilst she keeps pushing for the perfect, harmonious family, her actions are just driving a wedge further through the family. sad.gif

I'm glad that your hubby has been strong enough to say that it is enough and that whilst it's so freaking sad that he won't be with his birth family at Christmas, it's so terrific that he's chosen the most important family of all - you, him and your children - to make happy. I hope the 25th brings many smiles.

#3 Becca13

Becca13

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:15 PM

So there really are others out there like me LOL

QUOTE(indigo @ Dec 7 2009, 11:01 AM) View Post

Trouble is that whilst she keeps pushing for the perfect, harmonious family, her actions are just driving a wedge further through the family. sad.gif

This is exactly how I feel right now.

I'm trying to decide if i'm going to ring them or turn up on their doorstep, but they're not just getting off this scot free, I have cooled down a bit but i'm still friggin angry mad.gif

On the upside, my DH is not giving into their crap tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users