No replies to this topic

#1 Wordlover

Wordlover

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:11 PM

We've decided to go camping for the week between Christmas and New Year - in the past we've taken our cat down to my mum's while we go away but my parents will be away themselves, and besides the whole thing (the car trip, my cat's nervousness, mum's cat's territorialness) is just too stressful for everyone involved.

I've been looking into at-home pet sitting services, where someone comes to your house once or twice a day and feeds your cat, changes the litter, pats/plays with her etc. They seem like really good value because they also bring in your mail, put out bins, water house plants etc.

My only concern is that she will get very lonely and upset without hours of company for all that time - having said that she's not a very sociable cat anyway and often hides when strangers are around. But I'm envisioning her turning completely feral or losing her affection for us by the time we get back (silly I know, we were away for 18 months and she recognised and trusted us again within days). I just don't want her to be really scared on her own, especially as it's storm season and she completely freaks out during storms, and I like to give her lots of comfort after they've passed.

Has anyone done this with cats? Were they okay with it? And does anyone in Brisbane have a recommendation for a specific company?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users