No replies to this topic

#1 scasey77

scasey77

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:36 AM

I have also posted in 12-24 month section.

We tried to put our bed guards on Cate's new sinlge bed yesterday and ran into a problem. We were going to have the bed in the middle of the room so needed a rail on each side. Problem is with the bed we have the mattress sits down in the bed base - so the bed base sits halfway up the mattress IYKWIM. The mattress was a snug fit on it's own so no hope of getting 2 rails in there too. The rails we have had quite big joints (where the support legs fold out).

So I figure we have a couple of options.

Move the bed against a wall so we only need to fit one rail in - which we can just do. Not ideal though.

Or found some bed rails that are not so thick - have skinny joints. Does anyone have any recommendations?

If you have any other ideas let me know. We were hoping to move her to the bed this Thursday so I have limited shopping time as I work Tues & Wed.

I found these things called Dream Tubes which look almost like the barriers they use down the side of bowling alleys for kids (they sit on top of the bed zipped into a special fitted sheet). But I don't see how you would be able to tuck bedding in whilst using them

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users