• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 roscat

roscat

• New User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:48 AM

I'm after some recommendations for bands to play at our reception, I'm after a 3 to 4 piece who can play pre-dinner background music and then later on get the party going with top 40, dance hits, 70's and 80's etc...I want to avoid the cheesy type of bands and get something with good quality sound and vocals.

Please PM me if you can recommend anyone!

I've heard Tequila Brothers are good but can't seem to find any info or contact details for them, can anyone help with this?

Also has anyone heard Allegro live?

Thanks heaps!

Ros

Please PM recommendations - I-Do Admin

#2 April A

April A

seriously addicted to i-do

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:38 PM

Our guys were great. Two guitars, and drums. We had the oldies all the way through to 8 year olds up on the dance floor. Great range of songs to from U2 to the classics. Our guests were commenting on how fantastic they were weeks after our wedding. Will PM you their website details. Feel free to ask me anything else about them.

#3 laura**

laura**

Roll the dice, Never think twice xxxx

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE(April A @ Jul 24 2009, 02:38 PM)  

Our guys were great. Two guitars, and drums. We had the oldies all the way through to 8 year olds up on the dance floor. Great range of songs to from U2 to the classics. Our guests were commenting on how fantastic they were weeks after our wedding. Will PM you their website details. Feel free to ask me anything else about them.

Could you please pm me the details too
Thank you
xx Laura
<center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...ettefamily.swf" FlashVars="t1=Our Perfect family xx&pv1=0&pn1=5&px1=251.55&pf1=1&pv2=0&pn2=22&px2=186.8&pf2=0&pv3=0&pn3=19&px3=307.85&pf3=1&pv4=1&pn4=11&px4=276.8&pf4=0&pv5=0&pn5=3&px5=338.8&pf5=1&pv6=1&pn6=6&px6=198.8&pf6=1&pv7=0&pn7=24&px7=365.8&pf7=1" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="500" height="230" name="My Family Silhouettes" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="samedomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" /></embed><br><a href="http://www.widdlytin...com/"></center>

#4 breet12

breet12

• New User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

I like bands and guitar in weeding time It is very sweet instrumental and i love it.Thanks

#5 Porthos

Porthos

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

Damn this thread went spammy! I was hoping to come in here with a recommendation for a brilliant Melbourne based band.

Www.bluepocket.com.au if anyone is interested wink.gif My BIL runs the band and sings and plays guitar in it...I am biased but they are fantastic! They book heaps of weddings and can do solo gigs through to full band, ceremony to reception smile.gif

#6 gracebarc

gracebarc

• New User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

Thanks for the info! Has anyone heard of or used Sensation Entertainment? Just wanting to know what they're like

#7 Shadab Kamal

Shadab Kamal

• New User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:47 PM

This is very nice post thanks! tongue.gif
Download high quality Testking 70-410 exam dumps to prepare and pass ccvp with tabor.edu dumps 400-101 Also get free demos of www.marygrove.edu for review of mcitp McDaniel College

#8 Lisa T

Lisa T

• New User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:57 AM

Hi Guys,

We used http://www.somethingblueband.com.au - they were so amazing! I saw them play at a few weddings we went to and they just played the best music and got everyone up and dancing. They had a great energy and they were having as much fun as the guests which we loved. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users