2 replies to this topic

#1 marlee

marlee

• New User
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

Hi all,

Well I'm new to all of this forum stuff (recommended by a friend), so I'm looking forward to hearing as much feedback as I can, and also looking for any support anyone can offer. I'm hoping this forum can put me back in the right frame of mind, when having bad days.

I have been trying to fall pregnant now for two years. After nothing happening within the first 6mths of trying, I was referred to a gyno/onc. After being on provera (because it is like my periods have just stopped) and clomid we finally fell pregnant 19mths since starting. I know this is probably nothing to some of you out there, but it seemed so long for us. However 8 weeks into it and going for our first scan (how exciting) there was nothing there. I had a miscarriage but apparently not a normal one - WHAT IS NORMAL??? I never had any bleeding, or cramps, or anything. I still had all the pregnancy hormones. I still felt pregnant, until I woke after after my D&C and it was like a switch had been flicked. Had all of those hormones gone!! Not going to go into all of the emotions, etc, as I'm sure many of you have been through it or going through it, but obviously I was a complete mess and still am every now and then.
5 mths later we have now just started back on the provera and clomid, as my periods still aren't happening and either is ovulation. Blood test's still show I'm not ovulating... So now the waiting game again and feeling very anxious. Doesn't help that I have just been made redundant today with my job!!! They say stress doesn't help, well this was something I really didn't need then on top of this.
Is anyone else out there on Clomid, and how is this effecting you? Is there anything else that you do? Natural medicines, etc? I have also been told you can only take Clomid for a certain amount of cycles? Is that right? Very confused???
The positive for us, is that yes we now know I can fall pregnant... the questions is when and will I be able to carry again. A little scared and trying not to be.

#2 Jaydee

Jaydee

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,797 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

Welcome to the forums Marlee smile.gif

We were TTC for 2 years, and during that time I had 3 miscarriages- one was a 'missed miscarriage'- which is what you had. I had a little bleed and went for a scan and it was picked up that the baby had stopped growing two weeks prior.

After the D&C my cycles went crazy, I stopped ovulating and they were really long. I went to a naturopath and the herbs helped to regulate my cycles and I started ovulating again. 12 months after that loss we went to a FS and started down that path.

TTC after a loss can be really difficult as you've lost the naiveness, it's a lot harder emotionally.

The girls here will be able to give you some great advice and support, I'm sure smile.gif

#3 lil chicken

lil chicken

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:23 PM

Hi Marlee,

Welcome to I-do smile.gif

There are a great group of people on here who are full of wonderful advice to help you out.

If you go to the 'Fertility issues, long term trying to conceive' area that is probably the best place to chat in after hearing your story...there are various threads in there and lots of people to answer questions etc. I'm so sorry about your misscarraige it must have been so hard for you.

We are all here to support each other and we all have good days and bads days so feel free to vent where you need to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users