#46 flowerrose

flowerrose

Part of the Furniture

• ForumAddict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE(kamlin55 @ Aug 28 2011, 04:53 PM) View Post

I am a MOH in May and intellection near the Hens dark.

Huh? blink.gif Honestly, these assholes are really getting annoying!

I've only been on two hens things and both of those have been a very small number (3-4) of us sorting something out for our bestiest - weekend in Singapore and long weekend in Prague (when I lived in the UK). It cost quite a lot because we paid for the bride too, it being a surprise. It depends largely on how many people bride wants and how close to her they are to her.

I think it's a bit odd when people feel funny about asking people to spend on a hen night but the same people who are complaining would often not blink at spending twice that on your average Friday night. Ask the bride if there's anyone with genuine money woes and try to sort something out for them. Otherwise there's a danger of twisting yourself into a mess and still pleasing no-one.

#47 chelley

chelley

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:18 PM

I've just planned my sister's hens night and the cost is $59 per person wich covers a cocktail making class, burlesque dance class and a life drawing class. I think it is good value and apparently no one bauked at the price however I am still chasing people to pay.'
We originally wanted to go to the Hunter Valley and we had to can that idea because it was too costly.
IPB Image

Check out my blog at www.geeyourebrave.com

#48 Porthos

Porthos

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:50 AM

Chelley that is an awesome night out for $59!!! I went to a cocktail making class Hen's Night in 2009 and it cost $60...just for the class!!!

To update you guys (has been nearly a year though laugh.gif ) we ended up booking a cruise around Docklands that allowed us to do our own food and drink. We charged $100 per head for pre-cruise drinks/nibbles and then a four hour cruise with BBQ food, nibbles (big platters of Turkish breads and dips) and sweets plus beer, wine and bubbles. We ended up with some money left over...about $200 I think. The cost per head also covered security, 'games', prizes, the bride's costume and personalised sailors hat's for each guest. We made up a playlist on an i-pod and hooked that into the boat's speaker system and the dance floor did not stop. We had the boat to ourselves which made it a girls' only night and everyone just let loose.

The night went OFF laugh.gif Was one of my biggest ever, same for the bride. Heard nothing but rave reviews from the girls who joined in with many asking if we could do it again.

It was a LOT of hard work and organisation with a fair bit of 'behind the scenes' running around on the day and night of, but it was worth it. It was great being able to do our own food and drink as we chose what we wanted and picked fairly good quality wine and beer to avoid crappy hangovers. I was lucky that my aunt and uncle offered to help with food and drink transport...especially when we got off the boat as we all needed the help blush.gif . We had heaps of grog left over and yet pretty much everyone was "very merry" tongue.gif .

We gave people ten weeks notice to save up etc which helped....a few people commented to me that they appreciated lots of notice. EVERYBODY paid before the night which was a huge relief.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users