3905 replies to this topic

#31 A-Canon

A-Canon

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:44 PM

Thats right Tazz, I have pcos so they are inducing ovulation, and they monitor it, You have a trigger shot to release the egg,You have timed intercourse, then progestorone injections for the rest of your cycle. Pretty good results today, I had a 1.9mm follicle, so I going to do the trigger shot in an hour or so.

Hi Renee smile.gif I would do the same in your position. Good luck.

Gosh that is so expensive Janelle!

Lissy Loo, my costs so far have been $300 (from memory) for initial consultation, $200 for an assesment cycle (blood tests to test hormone levels etc...) $300 for a hsg, $150 for the follow up appt. $300 for the OI cycle, and around $150 for the drugs. I think it was about half back for the appointments and hsg.
Good luck on Friday.

Welcome December girl!

Its a huge process to start again Alaia - its understandable to be scared and worried about the outcome.

#32 Renee`

Renee`

Kaele & Miller's mum <3

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,806 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(janelle84 @ Oct 1 2008, 12:46 PM) View Post

Hi renee, our only option is QFG in toowoomba.

Thanks for the replies about the costs, it seems the figure ive been given sounds about right then, but gees its alot hey.

I have registered for the safety net, but im looking ahead and in the case we need more than 1 cycle, i want it to be worth my while, IYKWIM. So i figure we wait till new year, new safety net.

That may or may not make sense i dont know, but either way we will have to borrow the money to do IVF (as much as i dont want to).

Oh Ok!
It's good to prepare for both opitions!

The costs can seem so overwhelming when you are going over and over and they blur into one.

I was so worried about the costs, but when you are actually paying them, it seems to space out? The individual bills seem to not make it seem so scary....

#33 -LJ-

-LJ-

Just live your life!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:46 PM

I thought I would stick my head in here too. I'm not a big poster in the TTC section apart from the O8 thread, but I'm starting to think I need a bit more support from others going through AC.

I'm currently on my 4th cycle of clomid. I have severe pcos and don't even have AF without the pill or provera. I have only O'd once since starting this treatment and if I don't fall this month then we're off the clomid and starting injections.

So I hope you don't mind if I post in here, I know this has been started as an IVF support thread, but there's nowhere else here I feel I can post.

#34 lil chicken

lil chicken

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE(Angel-Canon @ Oct 1 2008, 07:44 PM) View Post

up appt. $300 for the OI cycle, and around $150 for the drugs.

Thats a great price angel canon, each cycle of our OI-IUI cost $630 from beginning to end

#35 byebye

byebye

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE(-LJ- @ Oct 1 2008, 08:46 PM) View Post

I thought I would stick my head in here too. I'm not a big poster in the TTC section apart from the O8 thread, but I'm starting to think I need a bit more support from others going through AC.

I'm currently on my 4th cycle of clomid. I have severe pcos and don't even have AF without the pill or provera. I have only O'd once since starting this treatment and if I don't fall this month then we're off the clomid and starting injections.

So I hope you don't mind if I post in here, I know this has been started as an IVF support thread, but there's nowhere else here I feel I can post.

LJ, everybody is welcome here, I believe the OP started this for all AC'ers which includes all types of AC including clomid....

#36 weddingworrier

weddingworrier

• New User
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:41 AM

Hi everyone,

We are also going through Melbourne IVF. I went through them around 5 years ago also, when we did the Clomid and IUI's and I remember not paying much at all. (Cant remember exactly how much we spent) but I do remember the FS doing scans in his rooms so they weren't charged seperatly - it was just the one appt. I also remember getting really cheap OPK's from them.

This time around (different FS) and she has told us for IVF we will be out of pocket around $2000 for a new cycle and $1000 for a frozen transfer. I think that is also taking into account the safety net. I dont have PHI either. She also said that they can do things to keep costs down like my choice of having the EPU at Freemasons ($800) or Royal Womens Hospital ($300).

Update on me - still trying to make a decision on when to start but I think I know what I need to do. I had a dream last night that I was preg and in labour and when I woke up, I was really upset and was touching my stomach.

Then got a phone call from the FS secretary this morning saying that there was an appt for the counselling session tomorrow, only thing was - it was at the same time as DH's Sperm Test so I said we could not make it. When I got off the phone I rescheduled the test for earlier (coz DH has trouble getting time off work, and has whole day off tomorrow) and frantically called the secretary back but she had given it to someone else. When I got off the phone I started crying, why? I have no idea. I mean, I have been seriously thinking about waiting and then when I miss out on a appt for tomorrow, I am devastated. So - financial issues and safety net aside, I know I want to do this now. Maybe its a sign, maybe I want myself to believe its a sign?

As I am typing, get another phone call from secretary to say, they have an appt for 17th October, this will include all the IVF appts (counselling and I dont know what else!) she says it will take a few hours. I say we will be there as DH actually has a day off that day as its the day before my sisters wedding. Another sign? Maybe...

Anyway, if you have read this far I congratulate you (I am a rambler) Thanks for listening - I dont have anyone in real life that would understand.

Oh and best of luck Zelda and to everyone else too.

Tania

#37 Swarles Barkley

Swarles Barkley

Legend-wait for it-dary!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,067 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:40 PM

HI guys. I just need to ask a quick question.

What does Provera do?

#38 Decembergirl

Decembergirl

So this is how it's done!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE(vetty19 @ Oct 1 2008, 11:00 AM) View Post

This was the exact reason we had to have ICSI also so if you ever have any questions feel free to PM me..

Oh thanks so much Vetty, it's good to know that someone understands where I'm coming from. None of my friends IRL have any of this to deal with yet (thankfully smile.gif) and so I'm kind of at a loss for who to talk to about it all.

QUOTE(Tazz @ Oct 1 2008, 01:37 PM) View Post

Decembergirl, we were in a similar situation where we knew IVF/ICSI was the only option due to hubby having absence of the vas tubes, rergardless of anything to do with me. At least them having to have a biopsy to retreive the sperm means they get some inkling into what we have to put our bodies through! wink.gif

Tazz I'm sorry to hear that's your situation, but I'm with you on the testicular biopsy! I keep telling Stephen it's a momentary glimpse into what we women have to go through, so he just needs to suck it up!

QUOTE(Angel-Canon @ Oct 1 2008, 07:44 PM) View Post

Welcome December girl!

Thanks Angel-Canon.

QUOTE(slinky malinky @ Oct 2 2008, 12:40 PM) View Post

HI guys. I just need to ask a quick question.

What does Provera do?

No idea hun, but one of the more informed girls will be sure to have an answer for you!

ETA: Ladies I'm so sorry I left my signature on and then left my laptop. It is fixed now.

#39 beachgurl

beachgurl

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:38 PM

Slinky - provera induces a period. Is generally used for those of us that do not ovulate regularly and gives us an artificial cycle day 1. I am currently on provera and don't start the FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) drugs until AF arrives.

#40 Swarles Barkley

Swarles Barkley

Legend-wait for it-dary!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,067 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

Just a quick sig reminder lovlies

Kerry, you know you can talk to me anytime.

#41 Decembergirl

Decembergirl

So this is how it's done!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE(slinky malinky @ Oct 2 2008, 02:44 PM) View Post

Just a quick sig reminder lovlies
Kerry, you know you can talk to me anytime.

Thanks sweetie, I know I can talk to you, but I think you're a bit more important at the minute! I'm not quite at the stage you are yet.

#42 Tazz

Tazz

Life has never been so complete

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:00 PM

Lissy, hopefully friday will answer some more of your questions. Who's your FS? Mine is Kate Stern @ MIVF, she sent me to a naturopath prior to my last cycle to try and increase the quality of my crappy eggs & I truly believe it made a huge difference.

Thanks for explaining Angel, I thought that may be the case but just wasn't sure. (I'm quite strange even though I've trauled through quite a few IVF cycles I still actually find it quite fascinating and interesting wacko.gif )

WW, I think that once you know in your head and heart that now is the right time, you just know, regardless of anything else, and sometimes, things just happen and fall into place for a reason. Good luck for the 17th!

QUOTE(Decembergirl @ Oct 2 2008, 02:54 PM) View Post

Tazz I'm sorry to hear that's your situation, but I'm with you on the testicular biopsy! I keep telling Stephen is a momentary glimpse into what we women have to go through, so he just needs to suck it up!
If you want to ease his mind a little, you can pass on that my hubby has said of each of his that they really aren't too bad, the brusing usually looks worse than the pain & he just has to be carefull not to bump into things for a couple of days (but of course don't feel like you have to ease his fears:P ).

#43 Lissy Loo

Lissy Loo

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE(Tazz @ Oct 2 2008, 08:00 PM) View Post

Lissy, hopefully friday will answer some more of your questions. Who's your FS? Mine is Kate Stern @ MIVF, she sent me to a naturopath prior to my last cycle to try and increase the quality of my crappy eggs & I truly believe it made a huge difference.

my FS is Manuela Toledo. She seemed very nice and upfront which i liked. I'll give you al a update tomorrow arvo after my appoint

#44 A-Canon

A-Canon

Frequent Poster

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

How did you go Lissy Loo? smile.gif

#45 Renee`

Renee`

Kaele & Miller's mum <3

• avid user