3 replies to this topic

#1 ~MG~

~MG~

formally mandy1

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,234 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:39 AM

Currently I am giving Mitchell a dreamfeed at 10.30pm....

But he seems to fall asleep and not suck anymore on the (.) (.)....however with a bottle of EBM he drinks the whole lot and my (.) (.) are ever so thankful that they get emptied when I express!!!

So my question is - if I express that feed - Will it affect the my milk supply???

There are many positive reasons why I would like to continue expressing this feed..
* Hubby can give Mitch the EBM
* I get to go to bed earlier
* Mitch drinks all of the EBM and I guess would be getting more milk as he doesn't feed properly from the breast anyway!!

The only downside is yes I have to express - but that doesn't bother me at all...

Has anyone else done something similar???

TIA

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

Chicks dig cylons

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,657 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:50 AM

You can try and see - expressing won't stimulate your supply quite as much as a BF but if he isn't taking a full feed from the breast anyway you might actually be better off expressing as you are removing more milk, and supply and demand should work in your favour (does that make sense?)

I never got Eva to take a bottle, good work smile.gif

#3 ~MG~

~MG~

formally mandy1

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,234 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:55 AM

Thanks Kermee - well that is what I thought - but yeah you are right - Mitch never completely empties the breasts anyway at that time rolleyes.gif And at that time of the night I really can't be bothered expressing after I have tried to feed him rolleyes.gif

I guess I could express on alternate nights...so let mitch feed from the breast one night and express the next night???

I should also mention that since expressing some of the DF's he has put on weight as well smile.gif We have had some weight issues but he seems to be gaining weight nicely now smile.gif

#4 Starbuck

Starbuck

Chicks dig cylons

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,657 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:12 PM

I think you're onto a good thing then! Alternating nights is a great idea, means you both get to do those nice sleepy feeds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users